Re-interviewing for backup

So, last year I went from Merit (ICQA) back to the floor. They have been using me since then as a backup. There has been no issues with them using me even with the new backup pay. They recently hired two new backups since from the time I left until then I was the only backup. I learned after I came back that I now have to re-interview. Are any other DC's doing this.?

Why did you leave ICQA back to the floor in the first place? If I may ask out of curiosity.

There is a guy here who did backup ICQA practically every single day on B1. He hated it. I mean they begged him to apply for full time ICQA etc, he'd have none of it. I told him it's more money, easier, no prod etc, just take the position. he wouldn't listen. Well if you dont like the job I respect it I guess.

Last edited:
Why do they make you reinterview? There are people that have "passed" their lead interview and found out that if they aren't put into a position within 6 months, they have to interview again. Why? It's so dumb to me.

They make people reinterview because if they left ICQa and sucked at ICQa and they want to return…they don’t have to take them back

Last edited:
They make people reinterview because if they left ICQa and sucked at ICQa and they want to return…they don’t have to take them back

Most ICQA people suck. Zero clue what they're doing.

Never picked FPP, never spent any time doing puts, a lot have zero CA time. No clue what a WHS worker does day to day.

Happy to ding people in their reports, though. All while never having spent any significant time in the job.

ICQA was a good idea at the beginning when they put experienced people in the role. But, when they expanded the teams and started putting new people in, it turned into a joke.

It all could have been avoided if they trained people properly and didn't put dumbasses in the trainer role.

Most ICQA people suck. Zero clue what they're doing.

Never picked FPP, never spent any time doing puts, a lot have zero CA time. No clue what a WHS worker does day to day.

Happy to ding people in their reports, though. All while never having spent any significant time in the job.

ICQA was a good idea at the beginning when they put experienced people in the role. But, when they expanded the teams and started putting new people in, it turned into a joke.

It all could have been avoided if they trained people properly and didn't put dumbasses in the trainer role.
Their job is literally to find mistakes. If they don’t, it shows they are not needed. That the leaders aren’t needed. I’ve had many conversations with icqa leaders what expectations are and they are vastly different than what our som thinks.

Why did you leave ICQA back to the floor in the first place? If I may ask out of curiosity.

There is a guy here who did backup ICQA practically every single day on B1. He hated it. I mean they begged him to apply for full time ICQA etc, he'd have none of it. I told him it's more money, easier, no prod etc, just take the position. he wouldn't listen. Well if you dont like the job I respect it I guess.
Truthfully, I missed the OT. I went up to ICQA to get away from an OM who had no business being an OM.

Why do they make you reinterview? There are people that have "passed" their lead interview and found out that if they aren't put into a position within 6 months, they have to interview again. Why? It's so dumb to me.
All I know is I went on vacation (did backup that last niight) and when I came back I was told I had to reinterview. I heard two stories as to why, but neither of them made any sense.

I think that because it’s technically a different position, they view it as “unfair” to other TMs if it’s filled without everyone having a shot at it.
Is it a waste of everyone’s time? Absolutely! You have all of the experience in that position to draw on in the interview, there is almost no way anyone should outperform you.

Their job is literally to find mistakes. If they don’t, it shows they are not needed. That the leaders aren’t needed. I’ve had many conversations with icqa leaders what expectations are and they are vastly different than what our som thinks.

My point is they find mistakes and automatically put the blame on the last person in location.

There are multiple scenarios where a location can be altered without a scan attached to it.

There are multiple points throughout the warehouse where freight is touched by someone, but there is no record of it.

I know what ICQA does and what their responsibilities are. I used to be in that role.

Have worked Inbound, outbound, warehouse, mbp, clerical, IM, ICQA, and E&F.
I know how a typical DC works.

A big problem is SOM/OMs are putting favorites in training, TL, IM, ICQA roles. People who don't have a solid grasp of what needs to be done or what is required, this is in addition to the ass kissers and half assers in those roles.

There are people in these "Leadership" roles who have no ounce of leadership in their body. From SOMs on down. It's a lot more apparent in the low level roles (TL and trainers).

Last edited:

My point is they find mistakes and automatically put the blame on the last person in location.

There are multiple scenarios where a location can be altered without a scan attached to it.

There are multiple points throughout the warehouse where freight is touched by someone, but there is no record of it.

I know what ICQA does and what their responsibilities are. I used to be in that role.

Have worked Inbound, outbound, warehouse, mbp, clerical, IM, ICQA, and E&F.
I know how a typical DC works.

A big problem is SOM/OMs are putting favorites in training, LWW, IM, ICQA roles. People who don't have a solid grasp or understanding of what needs to be done, plus the ass kissers and half assers in those roles. Training failures just exacerbate the problems.

A lot of these "Leadership" roles are filled with people without an ounce of leadership skill from SOMs on down. It's just more apparent in the low level roles (LWW and trainers particularly).

Last edited:
Back