Archived Base deck label holders for end caps

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm having the hardest time finding 3' and 4' base deck label holders for endcaps on SAP. A lot of the base deck label holders in my store are busted or missing on end caps. I ordered FX0001 which are adhesive label holders but they simply do not work as the adhesive isn't very strong at all. Does anyone know the fixture number for 3' and 4' base deck label holders?

There aren't any base deck label holders. You should be able to use regular label holders for the base decks. If you open a box of label holders and follow the instructions on the little white sheet of paper inside the box, it'll show you how to install the label holder on a basedeck. It can be done (I've done it).

For those really pesky ones that are difficult to put in, use freezer label holders. I don't know the part number off the top of my head.

Hmm.. Our store has different label holders on the base decks of endcaps than we do in the aisles or on the shelves. They aren't the type that snap on and wrap around the lip of the shelves. They look similar to the freezer label holders in the way that they attach to the shelf, but those are way too small. Not even 3' and they are some kind of bright white color. Ours are almond colored to match the gondola and shelves.

I was on remodel team for my store, and was once graced with an assignment of replacing label-strip holders for three weeks straight. So, as an expert...For basedecks, make sure you use the "label strip tool" - that little black plastic tool that comes with the label strips. Sometimes you have to go MacGyver on a basedeck label-strip holder (length-wise) and just cut the longer one short, but they'll mostly fit. The trick is to get the bottom part to "pop" onto the shelf, and using the black plastic applier or even just a screw-driver will work, you mostly need to lift the base-deck up so you can get the label-holder started on the bottom lip of the deck. Once the label-strip holder catches you can tell, the bottom part of the plastic will pretty securely wrap around the bottom of the metal shelf and the rest of it will attach very easily.

The worst ones to apply are those under the heavy displays, such as the furniture and "focal point" kitchen endcaps. They're loaded down with a few hundred pounds of junk that you either have to move off and back on, or else just not put those label-strip holders on. Other than that, the best tool for applying label-strip holders is patience. Best of luck to you!

Also as side-note, I was never told that there were special holders for base-decks, they should be all the same holders but just requiring extra effort to install.

Reactions: NOP
Hmm.. Our store has different label holders on the base decks of endcaps than we do in the aisles or on the shelves. They aren't the type that snap on and wrap around the lip of the shelves. They look similar to the freezer label holders in the way that they attach to the shelf, but those are way too small. Not even 3' and they are some kind of bright white color. Ours are almond colored to match the gondola and shelves.

Almond colored ones don't exist anymore...maaaaybe for the adhesive ones. You should be phasing out to the clear ones unless you have a massive supply of label holders.

For the freezer label strips, you can cut them down to fit your basedeck. Grab a pair of wire cutters.

The freezer label holders I speak of are clear as well. They come in 24, 36, and 48in. long.

And what @Unreturnable said...it just takes extra effort to get those on...I had to do those too at one point but not to the extent that you did.

Because of this thread, I looked at end caps yesterday when I went shopping. The clear holders with the individual price labels don't look that good.

Alright. Short answer - use whatever works for your store. There are many different options. The regular holders should work, as long as you can lift the endcap basedeck up you are fine (as described in detail earlier). Due to how our basedecks get absolutely wrecked by the flow team, these don't work at our store since they have a tendency to pop, discolor, and snap in that environment.

At my store - as the "expert" on fixturing the "correct" labelstrip holders to use on the basedecks would be the 4ft almond adhesive. The rest of the store is to use the clear 4ft and 3ft for everything else save for specialty (freezers, pfresh cooler and coffin cases, entertainment, etc).

So, these as far as I know only come in one length. They are flexible and cut to size very easily with a blade and a snapping motion for a clean edge. So, these do have adhesive on the backs. DO NOT USE IT. It lures you in with the idea that you peel and stick and call it a day - this leads only to having almost instantaneously a missing labelstrip, or the best case scenario messy when it comes off and gets restuck on off-kilter until it ultimately falls off. They should just remove the adhesive from these - it would save me the trouble of showing everyone how to install them. They have a lip on the back of them (if you have been at Target for a while, it is similar to old style holders without the curved bottom that clear label strip holders (FX0007/fx4500?) have now - or like the freezer kind but not stiff. Anyway the back flap is clear, this goes into the bottom channel on the basedeck. Align a couple inches of this on the bottom into the basedeck channel, then (have a tool, like the black labelstrip installer, a blade, or an orange EZ remover which i prefer) and go tuck in the top of the strip into the basedeck, and go the length of the strip now. at the end, come back to the bottom, feel underneath for where it goes from being tucked in to not, and tuck that part in using the tool of your choice (fingers work too, but if you have more than a few to do, they will hurt after a while). Listen for a satisfying crackle as you go the length of the strip. Once you are done it will be flush and should be a very strong label strip - these last quite a while when installed correctly. I use these on the Infant flat as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back