Archived Basic Plus Plan Deductible - $4000??

Status
Not open for further replies.

dutifulTM

Cashier
I was hoping someone here could shed light on this?

I was told by someone on that help line featured on the back of the benefits card that for non-preventive care, 80% of costs will be covered after the deductible is met... and the deductible is 4k?!

Is that correct? Because if it is, then I see no point in even bothering with benefits...

I read up on info on the targetpayandbenefits site, and I could of sworn that for quite a few things it stated that they'd pay up to $200, and after that amount 80% or something...

I'm just really confused now.

Last edited:
Not sure. Ehr access point may have more info or contact tmsc. I do know that insurance benefits will change this year. Heads up! Get your ducks in a row without delay before renewal.

Last edited:
a lot of changes for benefits if you haven't heard already... read your packets closely!

I was told by someone on that help line featured on the back of the benefits card that for non-preventive care, 80% of costs will be covered after the deductible is met... and the deductible is 4k?!

Is that correct? Because if it is, then I see no point in even bothering with benefits...

I read up on info on the targetpayandbenefits site, and I could of sworn that for quite a few things it stated that they'd pay up to $200, and after that amount 80% or something...

I don't know specific benefits for big red, but I've had many company insurance policies. In genera, you usually pay:

All your cost and copays up to your deductible, then
you pay your portion of further amounts at a split rrate between you and your insurance - until you meet your out of pocke max, then
your insurance picks up 100 percent of costs until your reach their cap they provide.

Of course that is just an example and different polcies and insurers may operate differently. As an example, a couple of years ago I had an ankle surgery and then major abdominal surgery. I had to pay:

$300 up front, which was what I had to pay, by myself, before my primary insurance stepped in. Then I paid 20% of the bills between that $300 mark until I had paid $1000 out of pocket while my insurer paid the other 80% of those bills. Once I hit that $1,000 out of pocke amount, I paid $0 for all further care for that year. In theory I would reach a point when they would stop paying and I would be responsible for all the bill, but that amount was $1.5 million. So all told, theoretically, I should have paid $1000 out of my pocket that year for the two surgeries, which totaled over $52,000 between both, let alone all the covered lab and diagnostic testing I also had to have done. I actually paid about $15 as I also paid for a supplemental policy that picked up all my primary insurance copays. I think that was a pretty good deal!

I believe what you are offered is a plan that has some basic levels of coverage, i believe they give you something like 250$ per person on the plan and preventative care coverage for free. After you run out of that, then you do have a fairly large deductible, 4K sounds high, but that could be correct. I believe you get 80 to 90 percent coverage after you've met the deductible. You could do an FSA for part of the deductible.

Do the execs have the same inferior insurance as team members, or do they have real insurance?

Everyone TL/RG & above who works atleast 19 hours a week gets the great, real insurance.
Do the execs have the same inferior insurance as team members, or do they have real insurance?

Yes, every TL, RG, and Exempt employee gets the "good" benefits on the date of hire, whereas team members have to wait months even years before they get "basic" coverage.
Everyone TL/RG & above who works atleast 19 hours a week gets the great, real insurance.

All I can say is some insurance is better than no insurance. When my dh hurt his ankle, the surgery cost $40,000. Since we had insurance, a discount was applied, so the cost went down to $28,000. When the dust cleared, & insurance paid, all I owed was $2,000 out of pocket.

If we didn't have any insurance, that $40,000 would have been devastating

When I was on the consumerism health plan years ago, my insurance will pay up so much money up front. Then i had to pay the 4000 deductible before the insurance will pick up again at 80/20.

Even though I am no longer with Target, during the years I was with the company I occasionally heard rumors (from reliable sources) that ETLs get health care options that are not made available to TMs/TLs/SrTLs. One thing is damn sure, they have always been tight lipped about it.... which tells me that they probably do have better plans for ETLs.

Now, has that changed with this years new health plans? That I don't know.

But the fact is.... are they really going to be able to hire ETLs (people with degrees) while offering them this sh** health coverage? The fact is, damn near anyone with a degree could easily find a company offering much better for benefits.... hell even other retailers like wal-mart are better now. So I can't imagine they would be able to hire/retain ETLs unless they were given better benefits.

Of course, it is always possible that target has gotten so damn bold that they don't even care if ETL turn over jumps through the roof anymore either.

Yes, the basic plan does have a very high out of pocket maximum, so it's not very good coverage, but it's better than the old coverage which was only good for 10,000$/lifetime max
Yes, every TL, RG, and Exempt employee gets the "good" benefits on the date of hire, whereas team members have to wait months even years before they get "basic" coverage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back