Archived Beauty Team member pay?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I've been with Target for about a month. I was hired as a hardlines team member, but lately I've been primarily scheduled in beauty. Today the LOD mentioned to me that if I'm enjoying being in beauty, I could ask about becoming a Beauty Team Member, which I think she said is a brand position but I don't really know what that means. She said there is a pay difference, but I don't know how much. Can someone give me an idea? I currently make $10.50 if that matters.

There are two paygrades for beauty. Base and 25 cents above base.

You could probably negotiate 10.75 if you ask but it's up to your hrs discretion whether you are a n3 or n5 as a beauty tm

Last edited:
According to our new store modernization guides that came out last Monday. A Beauty TM is now a PG 3 which would be $10 an hour. We are able to tack on an additional .25 cents for experience! I know this doesn't sound like a lot but my district recruiter did comps on ULTA and other makeup stores and we are paying more, so essentially no need to pay more if everyone else is not! Sorry for the bad news, good news is that they won't take your pay, all stores have been directed to not do in store demotions for internal Beauty TMs.

It is a no3. I honestly expected it to be a no5 or no7 because they are also doing instocks etc. We have a hard time finding someone to fill the position.

It is a no3. I honestly expected it to be a no5 or no7 because they are also doing instocks etc. We have a hard time finding someone to fill the position.

We got no bites for it as a n03 so my etl hr asked me to open the n05 beauty team member position on jas. An internal team member applied and filled it.

We got no bites for it as a n03 so my etl hr asked me to open the n05 beauty team member position on jas. An internal team member applied and filled it.
We approached some No5 and No7 Team Members about the position with a promise they could keep the pay. No one wants it lol. I don't blame them, I don't want it either lol.

I am 16 years old, and I'm trying to apply for target beauty team member but I'm not sure what age do they require to be able to be in the beauty team member. And how much do you get paid for the beauty team member? What kind of questions do ask while during the interview. Someone please answer my question. Thank you!

I am 16 years old, and I'm trying to apply for target beauty team member but I'm not sure what age do they require to be able to be in the beauty team member. And how much do you get paid for the beauty team member? What kind of questions do ask while during the interview. Someone please answer my question. Thank you!

Officially only 16 but most likely 18. My store only hires minors for cashier, a&A and cafe. Some stores will let them do more and some try to avoid minors altogether.

In my state minors can't open or close so we would never hire one for beauty, we have one person from 7 to 330 and another from 330 to 11. Both shifts a minor couldn't work.

The pay depends on your city/state. Some places it would be as low as 9 dollars, some as much as 15. You have to call and ask the store.

The interview guide for beauty is only a week old but if you get a second interview the questions will be very situational. If someone is looking at cosmetics what would you do and say to them. I also believe they take you out to the floor now, you look at an end cap of cosmetics and you tell them how you would make it look better.

To be honest electronics and beauty are going to be the hardest positions to get into with the new interview guide. I hope you can think on your feet well. I suggest going to a store and analysing their beauty section.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back