Archived being scheduled outside your workcenter more then 50% of the week due to hours

Status
Not open for further replies.
The last few weeks and few weeks coming I been scheduled outside my main workcenter more then 50% of the week due to my workcenter's hours being cut which confuses a lot of people

My question is I follow my schedule to the t but come the 1 day in my workcenter I have to work and I work the scheduled **** but am expected to stay longer then what I'm scheduled bc things are not done but can't due to hitting 40hrs and end up being verbally talked about it

Since I followed my schedule (no shifts picked up) can I get technically in trouble

My primary workcenter is flow so I kinda chuckle we consistently have 5 sometimes 6 trucks a week but everyones hours got cut esp tl's and all of whom are cross trained get scheduled else where up to the 40hrs but get our heads chewed off

I don't see how you can get in trouble... If they're mad because you can't Work past schedule they should be scheduling you longer in the first place! After the schedule is posted they need to ask before they can change your schedule. I don't know, sounds like shady business. Document everything in case they try pull something on you.

Best practices:
  • Not working past shift
  • Not hitting overtime

Yet they want you to go against both best practices??? Hm.

Yea, that doesn't make sense.
If you are working your schedule exactly and they ask you to go over, then get mad when you tell them that will put you into overtime, they have serious issues.

That stinks. I hate when I feel held to a double standard like that.... Can't stay late.... They get mad, stay late..... They get mad.
Our lods expect you to know if you are going to hit overtime and then let someone know, so it can be approved, or go home. That's the only way I would be in trouble for it... Knowing you are going to hit overtime and staying late without asking first.

Sounds like yet another one of those damned-if-you-do,-damned-if-you-don't situations. Spot is chock full of them.

I Was asked to stay late ,agreed to it ! ( now ,for whatever reason ,we are supposed to clock out no later than 9 mnpast our schedule ,because of some best practice etc)
When I clocked out ,I put a sticky note on main computer with my name and the time ,talked to etl and an another tl to tell them I worked past my schedule as agreed ,that they needed to change my time ! Srtl said she was taking care of it right now .
3 days later ,my tl ( who had nothing to do with the later hour worked ) ,asked me if I worked past my schedule .
Noone had changed my time ,and etl hr wanted my tl to coach me because of it .tl refused !

I have a small notepad which I keep misc notes, dpcis to mysupport, topics to followup on, etc. I'll note if any ETL/TL asks me to stay late/come in early - who/what/when - so my butt is covered if they don't change it in MAX! It's saved me from several "work past schedule" coachings.

The last few weeks and few weeks coming I been scheduled outside my main workcenter more then 50% of the week due to my workcenter's hours being cut which confuses a lot of people

My question is I follow my schedule to the t but come the 1 day in my workcenter I have to work and I work the scheduled **** but am expected to stay longer then what I'm scheduled bc things are not done but can't due to hitting 40hrs and end up being verbally talked about it

Since I followed my schedule (no shifts picked up) can I get technically in trouble

My primary workcenter is flow so I kinda chuckle we consistently have 5 sometimes 6 trucks a week but everyones hours got cut esp tl's and all of whom are cross trained get scheduled else where up to the 40hrs but get our heads chewed off
If I remember correctly, you are supposed to work in your designated workcenter for 50% or more of your workload. I don't know if its on a weekly or monthly or yearly basis because your TM performance reviews are performed by your designated work center's TL.

If you are being scheduled outside of your workcenter that much, you can request to either be put back in your work center more or be moved elsewhere.

If I remember correctly, you are supposed to work in your designated workcenter for 50% or more of your workload. I don't know if its on a weekly or monthly or yearly basis because your TM performance reviews are performed by your designated work center's TL.

If you are being scheduled outside of your workcenter that much, you can request to either be put back in your work center more or be moved elsewhere.

Ill def have to look into that I do have to say I am more of a people person so being moved to the sales floor would be awesome esp going into the holidays :)

This whole month my sleeping schedule has been the only thing suffering lol

I'm curious what my next schedule is gonna look like since it alternates 1 week 5 salesfloor hardlines 1 flow (sofftlines)
Then
5 cashier 1 flow (softlines)
Then
4 salesfloor softlines 2 flow (softlines)
Then
2 hardlines 1 electronics 2 cashier 1 flow (softlines)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back