Archived Best Practice for Promo Gift cards?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Situation:

Guest brings up 2 lego police station sets. In the ad it says if you buy any two lego sets you get a 10$ gift card. (Also this scenario is not real there is no ad saying this I just needed it for the explanation). During the transaction the two items do not prompt a gift card. Lets just assume it is an error on our part and that the POS is just not prompting it. Correct me if I'm wrong but a GSA prompting a store coupon for 10$ then making a 10 Giftcard during that said transaction is not best practice.

What should I have said GSA do next time?

Situation:

Guest brings up 2 lego police station sets. In the ad it says if you buy any two lego sets you get a 10$ gift card. (Also this scenario is not real there is no ad saying this I just needed it for the explanation). During the transaction the two items do not prompt a gift card. Lets just assume it is an error on our part and that the POS is just not prompting it. Correct me if I'm wrong but a GSA prompting a store coupon for 10$ then making a 10 Giftcard during that said transaction is not best practice.

do a price check & look for an expired sign.

Correct me if I'm wrong but a GSA prompting a store coupon for 10$ then making a 10 Giftcard during that said transaction is not best practice.

It's not.

Although, I see that non-existent Target Q's for $7-$10 happen a lot.

if one is found, take it down & do adjustment to the guest. then take it off, price challgene.

Cool. I was going to just mention to them that they should just do a price challenge for 10 off one item. But I didnt know if there was maybe a prompt on the register to just do like missing gift card promo or something.

My GSAs/GSTLs seem to do one of two things, depending on who they are or what sort of mood they are in. They will either give out the gift card and take it off using a Target coupon, or they will take off a coupon for the amount so the guest gets the discount immediately.

Of course, in theory, best practice is to get all the signs down at ad takedown. Though I will say, sometimes the POS cannot handle the mix/match of different flavors, varieties, so we honor it, but cannot get the POS to prompt for it.

I always just do a store copoun for the gift card amount and give them a gift card. It's 5-10 dollars that must be spent at target. Just vibe with the guest and make it happen. We are empowered to do this, just make it right for the guest.

HOWEVER once this is done call for someone to check it out, and fix it so it doesn't happen again. I would usually call a Sr. TL or LOD as they would be able to make the particular items part of the sale if it really was suppose to be.

You need to get it checked because it won't show up on the price change report and you don't want more guest to expierence the same thing

At my store, if we honor the promo, we take the amount of the gift card off one of the items as Price Challenge. I was told that we're not supposed to do gift card+coupon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back