Archived BF price match/adjustment

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've read the rules. But I also see online where hundreds of people are going to stores this week to try to purchase the westinghouse tvs, etc. that are going to be in the ad. they already have the dpcis. do you guys save these for bf? or are you forced to pull them from the back?

some of these guys are bragging that even though the upcs/dpcis are specifically for bf, they can call or come by this week, find a dumb tm, and get them to pull the items from the back. i know it's not my $$$, but it aggravates me for some reason. i would have waiting in line for five hours, only to find someone came in last week and bought all the good stuff. what do your stores do on bf? it seems like our etls always end up bending the rules when under pressure.

Best Practice states that we MUST make the price adjustments for anything that is with in Target's Price Adjustment Policies. WE might not think it's right, but we have to do whats best for the guest and that's following company Brand and practices. If the guests were to call Guest Relations, you and the store leadership team would be overrode in a heartbeat.

Best Practice states that we MUST make the price adjustments for anything that is with in Target's Price Adjustment Policies. WE might not think it's right, but we have to do whats best for the guest and that's following company Brand and practices. If the guests were to call Guest Relations, you and the store leadership team would be overrode in a heartbeat.

I thought items that were "quanities limited, no rainchecks" weren't available for price adjustments? If not, I wish they were. . .

Those we can't do competitor's AD match, but we have to honor Target prices. So if we place say a "Christmas" tree on sale for 149.99 and a guest bought it within 14 days of it going on sale for 249.99, we'd have to honor the sale price. But if they bought it at our store, but Walmart has it on sale, we wouldnt honor that price due to the limited quantities stipulation. Hope that helps. Can get confusing.....

Those we can't do competitor's AD match, but we have to honor Target prices. So if we place say a "Christmas" tree on sale for 149.99 and a guest bought it within 14 days of it going on sale for 249.99, we'd have to honor the sale price. But if they bought it at our store, but Walmart has it on sale, we wouldnt honor that price due to the limited quantities stipulation. Hope that helps. Can get confusing.....

Yeah. I suppose. I remember trying to price adjust a couple of different things last year on BF and the system not letting me. I figured that was why. I can't remember the exact items or anything, but I know they weren't free gift card or special purchases. With BF ads getting leaked every year, I wish they would do something to stop guest from taking advantage of it.

Yeah. I suppose. I remember trying to price adjust a couple of different things last year on BF and the system not letting me. I figured that was why. I can't remember the exact items or anything, but I know they weren't free gift card or special purchases. With BF ads getting leaked every year, I wish they would do something to stop guest from taking advantage of it.

I know, its annoying..... Gotta think that someone in corporate is doing it intentionally.

Our ETLs have always refused adjustments or price matches on BF. I just hope they can keep it up this yr.

I don't get why you care. If we do it on Wed. why do you care if they do it on Friday? Who do you think leaks the ads? Of course they are leaked by corporate - that's where the ads are until the week before. These companies are hoping that people will try to buy the stuff early in order to generate sales. They count on the percentage of people that will forget or not be able to come in for the price match. Sometimes I get the impression that some of you are just mean. You get paid to do what Target says to do. Just do it or don't work for Target. Rant over.

i dont think its a question of being mean. i just think that when i have pallets of tvs in the back that are 2 day and we have tons of people coming in or calling with a dpci requesting them for that purpose, it's not fair. then i have to tell john doe that waited in line in subfreezing temps all night---hey sorry, you shouldve bent the rules and came in last week, even though you're first in line... we have crazy coupon people and have literally gotten 30 or 40 calls wanting to know if we have xxx xx xxxx item number in stock and if we would adjust the price down bf since the ad leaked.
i think that bf items that are doorbusters should not be allowed for price adjustment unless they go on sale later on during a regular ad. matching a similar ad from a competitor doesn't bother me because it has to be the current week.

When I worked for Target, the Black Friday ad merchandise came with labels which said that they were for the 2 day ad. We were required to set those aside and store them in the backroom until Black Friday. It worked like street-dated merchandise. The cash registers were programmed so that they wouldn't ring up the purchases until Black Friday. Yet somehow a TL was able to buy some of it but then she wound up getting fired for doing that.
I would say the guests who want the merchandise at that price need to be there on Black Friday.

There are certain items my store will be pulling from the floor and simply not be selling before BF. As for price adjustement, I was always told Doorbuster sales will never be honored but other sales within the ad will be.

guys we do not do price adjustment on DOORBUSTERS..so if you have guest trying to be sneaky and buy it on wed or earlier they will be pretty disappointed because you cannot do price adjustment on door busters this has been the rule every year...best practice states that. point blank..

Just because your store isn't doing adjustments on doorbusters doesn't mean you are following corporate policy. Last year mysupport stated to price match all items.

Of course my store basically told any team member they would be fired if they attempted a price match.

Yeah I always thought we dont price adjust our door busters. Im going to pull up best practice tmrw.

Just because your store isn't doing adjustments on doorbusters doesn't mean you are following corporate policy. Last year mysupport stated to price match all items.

Of course my store basically told any team member they would be fired if they attempted a price match.[/QUOTEl
Did you read that mysupport about price match on just regular sales threw out the year or did it specifically say to price match 2day? .
because the policy that my store went by was on last years 2day handout book and in the book it stated no price match on doorbuster items..
now i do not know if this year we will be doing the same i haven't read the 2 day handout book but i do know that on four day we will do price match.

This is one of those things I think all stores need to be consistent with. Either we will price adjust or we won't.If you buy the item on Weds and it goes on sale Friday, the way our posted policy reads, we should adjust.

there was a message board on the westinghouse tv saying to hold all and no units should be sold before bf.

so if you have any question on price match in workbench headlines news ( Home page) they have the policy of price match and price adjustment...and yes we still do not price match doorbuster or limited buys ...again it say it on the headline news

On the little billboards that we have in our store from last year it clearly states that Target will not do price matches/adjustments on any ad that is a SPECIALTY sale....like BF. Hopefully you can find this information.

I'm wondering if the price match rules are actually listed on the back page of our Sunday ads.

Also, if a TM is caught selling an item that is "date sensitive" before the proper date, that can lead to termination.....so I don't understand how some of the stores sell before the ad is seen.

If the sale date is effective say, March 10-16 then you can't sell an item at the sale price until March 10.
So, if an item is a BF item it is against the rules to sell it early. Then the BF ad comes out, we DO NOT match our own specialty two day ads. The specialty price is time sensitive and will not be matched.

Target.com price adjustment policy, straight from the website:

price adjustments
If you see a lower price listed in one of our Target Weekly Ads, we will adjust the price of your online order to match the advertised price if (1) you purchased the item within 1–7 days prior to the ad; (2) you contact us during the time when the lower price is featured in the Weekly Ad; and (3) the lower price is not on a clearance item.

notice that there are no exclusions listed other than being a clearance item.

Target.com price adjustment policy, straight from the website:

notice that there are no exclusions listed other than being a clearance item.

I got an idea, how about all the team members who think it is cool to go ahead and price adjust it on black friday then you guys can explain to your stl or dtl if your an ETL when you get the call upstairs how it said there is no exclusions online. /sarcasm

Seriously is risking your job worth seeing a guest get a good deal?

Actually we went through this last year.

If it is an item that we sell the rest of the year, they then get a price adjustment within two weeks without any exceptions, it was a controversy at the time when they said that but they were quite clear that "in order to maintain our brand friendliness and great guest service, we will be implementing our normal price matching strategy."

If the said item is in containers marked for BF then we cannot sell it, we have to the guest we are sold out of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back