Archived BF price match/adjustment

Status
Not open for further replies.
AJAX11 i understand that they are two different things....PRICE ADJUSTMENT AND PRICE MATCHING...again in headlines news those two topics are posted in the same message.

Perhaps we ought to email Gregg Steinhafel and see what he has to say.....

.....unless he's too busy reading his other emails from the petition......hahaha!!

Did a search on mysupport today and there was a message from 11/10/11 that said "There is no change to our price-adjustment policy for our own 4-day or 2-day ad items" and then restated the price adjustment policy.

If you guys are seriously concerned, check mysupport, or ask guest relations yourself.

Yesterday, one of the electronic TMs was quite annoyed because she was having to pull a Westinghouse TV. One of our new fitting room people told a guest over the phone that they could buy the TVs early, which is wrong (but the LOD said that we have to honor the misinformation). The electronics TM made sure I (operator myself sometimes) know that we are not selling the BF product that we don't normally have until black friday. Besides that, she told me price adjustments will not be given on anything that goes on sale on black friday. To get the black friday price, you have to buy it on black friday, period. Door busters are just that: door busters. :)

As I said in my previous post, mySupport is 100% clear that we WILL GIVE price adjustments on any sale listed in the 4-day / 2-day ads. There is no change to the normal price-adjustment policy.

The easiest way to find it on mySupport is to search for the words "price-adjustment" and you'll see the headline for yourself. Any stores that are saying you won't give adjustments are not following corporate policy and will be forced to do it when the guest calls guest relations.

We have been informed that team members in our store may no longer do price adjustments, period. As team members we are privy to knowing what is going on sale and have an unfair advantage according to our DTL. I personally think it is BS. We will adjust any guests purchases but not a team members?If I buy something and it goes on sale next week I deserve the same adjustment as any other person. The only exception I could possibly understand is items in the 2 day ad, but not every other ad throughout the year

Here's my story, as a non-Target employee:

So I planned on trying to get the LG Optimus V phone early, and having it price adjusted. Instead of assuming though, I went to the store earlier in the week to ask. The lady at customer service/returns assuredly told me that non-door busters would be price adjusted. I planned on returning today to purchase it, and double check to make sure it could be adjusted. The customer service people this time looked at me as if I had two heads. I explained the situation twice, and the woman asked her manager. She ended up saying that all 2-day sale items WOULD be able to get a price adjustment within the normal terms. So I went to electronics to get the phone. I asked the kid in electronics to TRIPLE check and make SURE this would work. He gives me a snotty attitude, saying "Absolutely not, the LG phone is a door buster." I tried to interject and say that I had been told TWICE that it was not, and in the ad it was not listed as one. He insisted, however, that it would not work. I left pretty ticked off, and without the phone. Now that I double check the ad online, it is NOT on the ad as a doorbuster. I have no idea whether or not I should try again, or just take a shot with the line around 8:30 - 9 PM on Thanksgiving. Seemingly everyone I ask in Target has no idea what is going on. At this rate I will need to get it in writing that they will honor the price adjustment.

What a mess. Can anyone tell me if the LG is a doorbuster?? They have 5 or 6 in stock and have for months, so I know they carry this item year round. Customer service tells me I can price match, yet electronics were pushy in letting me know that it IS a doorbuster. I have no idea what to do. A) Try again with the ad in hand, and be insistent on talking to a manager. B) Just take my chances in line around 9PM Thanksgiving. C) Wait it out for the online deal?

With seemingly no one at my Target on the same page, this is a dilemma.

The ad is up on target.com It's kind of unclear to be honest but I am ninety nine percent sure that it is not a doorbuster. If you click on the doobuster items it says that it a doorbuster and when you click on a sale item it says sale and/or store price. Hope that helps.

Any info helps, thanks. I need some kind of strategy for going in and talking to anyone, as every single person seems to be on a different page. I suppose I will call tomorrow and ask for a manager. On the page it is on, the only thing in the DOORBUSTER! ornament is the PS3. Unless Target has the LG in their system as a doorbuster? So confusing. Anyone know what time these deals become available online? My other plan is perhaps bring my laptop in my car, if I get in and they are sold out, check online at 12:15 AM or so, if it's still available.

Also, if it is not a doorbuster... does this mean they will carry more stock (or re-stock within the 2 days), as it is a two day sale item? Or that is likely to be up on the website for longer than 5 minutes?

At my store we were given a set of rules especially for price matching. We are supposed to allow price matching for anything that is not a doorbuster, special sale, etc. So the item you want says quantities limited, which to me as someone who works in guest services, guest relations, etc means that it's first come, first serve. Whatever we have when we open at midnight is what we will have until the two day sale is over.

The phone you want is not available online. You can only buy it in the store. I think the team member you spoke to in electronics was just either confused or wrong. My advice would be to go for it if you have the money right now. If you can't get the adjustment you can always return the item for your money back.

I think the deals if there are any that aren't in store only start at midnight.

For all you guest service people Price Matching only deals with matching other stores deals, price adjustments are for dealing with Target's own ad prices.

To Supa: As for getting a clear response the best way to get a proper response is to call Guest relations. I believe the number is 1-800-440-0680.

Ok, final question. :laugh1:

I took the advice of calling guest services. The rep told me that even though the Optimus is a door buster, it is available for price adjustment. Since you guys on here are more privy to the way each store is run, is there any way my store will try to override this?

Ok, final question. :laugh1:

I took the advice of calling guest services. The rep told me that even though the Optimus is a door buster, it is available for price adjustment. Since you guys on here are more privy to the way each store is run, is there any way my store will try to override this?

They might. At my store we are being told very, very clearly we will not be doing any price adjustments for the 2-day. I asked one of our GSTLs to print the workbench notification for me so I could read it and it clearly states stores should follow current best practice with both adjustments and price matching. (All it really says about adjustments is that items should be scanned to determine their eligibility for an adjustment just as we do now. The memo mostly addresses price matching.) When I pointed that out I was told we're doing it different. I suppose things could change Friday if there is significant pushback or if our DTL doesn't like the idea (not sure he knows about it).

I was actually confused by all of this as well. I found the 2 day ad policy on workbench and from what I gather, we are price matching other stores, as long as the guest has a full copy of the ad and it's not a timed event, but an actual all day sale. I think the company is doing this because WalMart is matching everything. I couldn't find information about price adjustments, but the information seemed to say that we will be following normal price adjustment rules. So, if I read everything correctly, if the guest comes in on Friday or Saturday, we can price adjust items they bought within 14 days and we can match any other competitors with BF ads. It just seems a bit unfair for those folks waiting hours in line. I don't care what corporate does, but I hate being yelled at by angry guests for something I had no control over.

Oh well, I bought one today. I asked guest service at the particular store twice and they said yes, plus I called the guest service number on the site, had it checked by product number and everything. I'll still go at 10 30 or 11 PM to try for one at $50 and just return this one. If they are out by the time I get it, I'll try my luck at price adjustment. I wish I wasn't so broke that I have to go through all this to finally get a phone from this decade. :laugh1:

If the guest service person tries to deny your price adjustment when you are at the store, you could always ask for the LOD, or just skip that step and call guest relations. I've had guests do that at my store before when the LOD would try to set their own policy and guest relations will tell them to do it right (I have a lot of anti-coupon front end people, they like to make up policies at random).

If the guest service person tries to deny your price adjustment when you are at the store, you could always ask for the LOD, or just skip that step and call guest relations. I've had guests do that at my store before when the LOD would try to set their own policy and guest relations will tell them to do it right (I have a lot of anti-coupon front end people, they like to make up policies at random).

sounds like my store!

How is it fair to our guests for stores to straight up ignore what corporate is telling us? How are we supposed to ensure consistent brand throughout our stores when STLs and DTLs tell us to ignore what corporate says? I don't understand this.

Hey all! Happy Thanksgiving! I don't want to butt-in, but I had an issue tonight, and wanted to see what everyone thought I should do. I bought an item a couple of days ago, and now for BF, Target is selling it for less. I want to be 100% honest and say I did buy it to price-adjust. I'm from Orange County, CA normally, and was told by the Guest Service worker that it wouldn't be an issue price-adjusting, since it's less than 7 days. I'm visiting home and so I'm in a different area, and tonight, was denied the price-adjust. I was specifically told by the Guest Service person in the OC before, that it was not an issue. She even mentioned getting paperwork that morning (she showed me a stack of stapled papers) and mentioned that's what was talked about in them. She never actually showed me what it said or anything, to be clear, so I figured I wouldn't have an issue.

The guy tonight who was a GSTL completely denied the price-adjust. I was there at the store and noticed a ton of the item I bought (it was a kinect for my children.) I could have re-bought, but I needed to get home. I had waited about an hour just to finally get inside the store. I couldn't stay forever in the electronics line to rebuy, since it literally stretched throughout the store itself. He basically made it a point that if I stayed in line to rebuy, it would be fine but absolutely no price adjusting.

I've read what has been said here, and I keep getting conflicting info. I'm pretty sure I'm in the right, but wanted some advice as to what I should do/say. What really irked me, was that I went in there being very nice, I spent the day with my parents who are both very ill. My father actually was recently diagnosed with renal failure. I'm the last person to go inside a store and start yelling, causing a commotion or anything of the sort. I know there's more important things than a few toys for my kids.

The thing is, he barely walked-up to me, saw me, gave me attitude and said no. I know he's working on Black Friday, which isn't exactly ideal, but I felt he was very rude and disrespectful. The attitude he had, and the facial reactions to me, just did not sit well with me. Basically, he seemed like he didn't care about me one bit as a customer. I even asked for a business card, and he wouldn't even do it. He had the woman behind the desk write his name on it for me. I asked for his last name, and she said, they can't give that out. That his first name and GSTL is all I needed.

Not to go too off-topic, I did google his first name, the location, and Target of course, and did see others talking about previous poor/negative experiences with him. Obviously, it is all hearsay, but I did so, because I wanted to see if others had similar issues as myself tonight. I personally love Target, and never experience problems of any kind. But for me, the principle of it all, I don't like the feeling of being disrespected.

jonathan--That store's LOD or the STL is the person to talk to about the GSTL. If you do that you shouldn't bring up anything you've "heard" about the GSTL, only your own experience. As far at the price adjustment goes, you can also talk to the LOD or the STL, or you can simply ask the Guest Services teammember to contact guest relations or give you the number. If you call yourself, call from the store so you can pass the phone to the teammember if necessary.

After enforcing a ban on adjustments & price-matching last yr, our leadership completely rolled over this yr. Yet, TMs were warned not to take advantage of it. Lot of pissed-off TMs....

When I worked for Target, the Black Friday ad merchandise came with labels which said that they were for the 2 day ad. We were required to set those aside and store them in the backroom until Black Friday. It worked like street-dated merchandise. The cash registers were programmed so that they wouldn't ring up the purchases until Black Friday. Yet somehow a TL was able to buy some of it but then she wound up getting fired for doing that.
I would say the guests who want the merchandise at that price need to be there on Black Friday.
they still are specially marked. over half of our depts were pre-set with 2 day ad stuff by wed... ? I never heard of this happening before, but whatever.. What really sucked was the stupid DS Lite having the same DPCI as the bundle pack that was for the 2 day ad that WAS ringing up like a streetdate, so we couldn't sell the regular DS for 99 dollars because the BF one was 129 with the same # for a while. Do'h.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back