Archived Black Ops II Midnight Release! Are you ready?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Electronics Man

Electronics Team Member
Last Thursday I saw on Workbench that Target is going to do a midnight release for Black Ops II. So I looked on the list of stores, and sure enough my store is on the list. "facepalm" I guess Spot decided that they had a good run with the Breaking Dawn Pt. 1 so now they are gonna try again with games.

I mean it's all fine and well to do something like this, but my question is, what are we bringing to the table? Gamestop gives out T-Shirts, Posters, and other stuff. Other stores probably do too. What are WE going to do that's special that would make people come in for the midnight release?

All I can say though is that I am going to make sure the clean-up is a lot better than the Breaking Dawn relase. Electronics was TRASHED after that because nobody cleaned up or zoned! I was not apart of that release, but I am going to make sure I get scheduled for this one!

www.target.com/callofduty

My store is on there also, I hope I get scheduled, looks fun!

I was thinking this same thing as well what will Target do to sell a game at midnight. My store has a gamestop in the same building complex why would anyone go to Target for Black Ops over gamestop. I know the answer, no one.

I'd go to target to use my discount/etc. Most of us don't really care about the promo stuff.

My store is on the list as well... The Hardlines TL we have who specifically handles Electronics as one of his areas had a sign up to be scheduled that night. I volunteered :wacko:

How well will it go off? I'm not sure. We have TWO Gamestop's on the street where my store is located. The lines at both usually stretch to 750-1000+ people for the past three Call of Duty games, however. And last year, I was receiving calls about three weeks before MW3 came out, asking if we were doing a midnight release.

Suffice to say, I'm feeling this will be going off well. Especially since we're already advertising a midnight release for it in the weekly ads.

*FacePalm* I'm so bad with dates.

Anyway, who elses store is doing it.

Last edited:
My store is going to do it as well!!! I saw it on workbench and immediately volunteered for it (I used to work in electronics and then got promoted to GSA), I'm geeking out over it. What was funny is that I found out about it before my ETL's knew. They all said, "Oh, are we doing it? bummer". I've been saying for a while now that Target needed to get on the band wagon and do midnight launches for games, we'll just have to see how it goes.

thank god that my store is not on that list but we most likely should have cause we ran out of pre order cards for it we gonna have alot of reserved copies

I was thinking this same thing as well what will Target do to sell a game at midnight. My store has a gamestop in the same building complex why would anyone go to Target for Black Ops over gamestop. I know the answer, no one.

Here's a thought: stay in a long line for a free t-shirt. OR...

Go to Target across the street/down the row/etc. and get the game quicker.

My friends and I once went to a midnight release for a new Harry Potter book (forgot which one it was) at Borders; the place was PACKED with people. We figured we were going to be there all night... until one of us had the bright idea of going to Wal-mart. (I KNOW, I KNOW, I'm sorry!) There were NO lines, and we got home probably WELL before anyone else did at Borders!

We're not on that list but I requested that whole week off for a reunion anyway. But, my boyfriend has his Care Package reserved at the GameStop near the reunion so I'm going to stay with him that whole day as he waits outside and camps out.

Here's a thought: stay in a long line for a free t-shirt. OR...

Go to Target across the street/down the row/etc. and get the game quicker.

My friends and I once went to a midnight release for a new Harry Potter book (forgot which one it was) at Borders; the place was PACKED with people. We figured we were going to be there all night... until one of us had the bright idea of going to Wal-mart. (I KNOW, I KNOW, I'm sorry!) There were NO lines, and we got home probably WELL before anyone else did at Borders!

Hey, you would have had a lot more fun at the book store.
We served butter beer, dressed in costumes, had drawings for the best costumes, really made it an event.
I know Spot has no intent of doing anything remotely like personalizing these kinds of events and making people want to be there but it goes a long way to that vibe they keep wanking about.

We served butter beer, dressed in costumes, had drawings for the best costumes, really made it an event.
I know Spot has no intent of doing anything remotely like personalizing these kinds of events and making people want to be there but it goes a long way to that vibe they keep wanking about.

I remember those events with Star Trek.

I should have noted... there were people dressed in costumes, but nothing else was really happening. They gave us numbered tickets, and I think we would have been there until at least 4 AM judging by how quickly they were getting to our number.

Mine as well. 5 cashiers, 4 electronics, 2 sales floor, 1 or 2 service desk, and 2 Starbucks.

So yesterday I was talking with our AP about the launch. She was saying there's going to be gamestations for people to play while their waiting AND that we're going to have Black Friday priced TV's. As far as I know, my store has yet to come up with a crowd management plan so yeah...this is going to be fuuuuuuuun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back