Archived BlackFriday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ive read all your comments guys, I appreciate it! By the looks of it Target might be the worse BF day store to go to
Ask a bunch of Walmart, BestBuy, Kmart employees the same question and they will probably give a similar answer.

Your best bet is to know what you want ahead of time, and scope out deals online. I believe some places start big sales at the beginning of November.

Yeh, aside from linens & kid DVDs there wasn't really much of anything we went for.
I'd been opening the last several years so I'd get off in the wee hrs of the morning & do my shopping in a completely dead store.

I made a point to take a note of Black Friday deals that interested me last year. Every one of them repeated the same or a lower price by Christmas. It's a marketing gimmick.
This. A lot of the stuff we had on black friday Thursday last year ended up going on clearance for cheaper either right before or after Christmas. Total gimmick.

Don't forget the same shitty Dirt Devil vacuum we've had for over a decade. Remember people, they're that cheap for a reason.
I got one of the $8 dirt devil stick vacs a few years ago, I love that thing. It has taken every piece of dog hair like a champ. All hardwood and tile in my house. But the regular vacuums don't roll easily over anything but flat tight weave carpet.
Yeah, the dirt devil stick is good for quick clean ups.

Yeh, aside from linens & kid DVDs there wasn't really much of anything we went for.
I'd been opening the last several years so I'd get off in the wee hrs of the morning & do my shopping in a completely dead store.

Me too.

This. A lot of the stuff we had on black friday Thursday last year ended up going on clearance for cheaper either right before or after Christmas. Total gimmick.

the cheapy softlines stuff we get specifically for BF (toddler fleeces, pajama sets rolled/ribboned up, cheap thin scarves and such) go clearance like days later.

oath2order said:
They were some nice pajama pants...

Nothing beats sleeping in the nude. And that's free!

get ready for this ...

what people will do for alcohol .

still laughing pallet gone in 60 seconds ... love that horn i need one for black friday

Somebody said we were opening up at 4 or 5 and I wondered how did they even know that it wasn't even said yet. I hope it isn't 4. I mean come on that is seriously way way early. Forget dinner you are going straight to Target!

I know that I was approached and asked by HR if I could work pretty much all of Black Friday/Thanksgiving, and when we were talking, she mentioned my first shift being from 3:30 to midnight, but she immediately clammed up like she let it slip. So I'm guessing 4 is pretty accurate this year.

This will be my first Black Friday at Target. Do we get scheduled for shifts longer than 8 hrs?

I know that I was approached and asked by HR if I could work pretty much all of Black Friday/Thanksgiving, and when we were talking, she mentioned my first shift being from 3:30 to midnight, but she immediately clammed up like she let it slip. So I'm guessing 4 is pretty accurate this year.

She's just guessing, because they don't have that information yet, either. In the past, they've had to just guess or make an extra schedule for when they release the hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back