Archived Blizzard? I'm not going to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy Christmas all!

So tonight/tomorrow we're supposed to be getting a blizzard. I'm scheduled to work tomorrow in the AM and that's where the blizzard comes in. I'm not going into work with 5 inches of snow anticipated to already be on the ground when I am scheduled to come in. So I'm calling in.
I was wondering if there was a number or website I could go to to check if my store is going to be open (besides my actual stores number). Or, if I'm going to get in any form of trouble for calling in.

There is, and it's posted on here somewhere, but I can't remember where.

Odds are, your store will be open unless it's declared a national emergency. We had a blizzard go through two years ago and our store opened even though only a handful of people came in and they pretty much sat around all day. I ended up calling in because there was a good foot of snow in the street and several foot drifts everywhere. Not to mention that they didn't plow the street till the next morning.

Unless your management is the very unreasonable kind, I can't imagine you're going to get in any trouble for not coming in, especially if the weather actually is that bad. If you can't safely drive, you can't drive. Not really up to you, is it?

I would check the conditions two hours before you're supposed to come in and if they're not good, call in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back