Service & Engagement Bounty system?

Does anybody understand the "bounty" system for consumer commodities? I tried using it, but it neither gave the difference between the price sold and the price posted or the full price as a consumer commodity.

In Michigan you can get up to ten times the price difference for each different item up to $5.00 I believe.

If you bought something for $1.50 but the tag was $1.00 you would get $5.00 in a bounty.

However you do not get to keep the item AND get the bounty.

I used to see Guest Services deal with these scammer for HOURS because they had whole shopping cars and we give them hundreds of dollars.

IMHO these guests would come in and steal the sticky tags then come back next week to get the bounty.

Target finally starting watching them and it eliminated it over night.

What I never understood is the sticky tags have expiration dates which is no different then trying to used an expired coupon IMHO.

What I never understood is the sticky tags have expiration dates which is no different then trying to used an expired coupon IMHO.
IMHO these guests would come in and steal the sticky tags then come back next week to get the bounty.
It’s difficult to prove they did that. And it’s akin to accusing a Guest of stealing.
Target sees that as mistreating the Guest and they’d rather pay out a few hundred bucks than deal with upset Karens or worse, a lawsuit for discrimination (“they accused me of stealing”) or the bounty law breach.

Which is stupid anyway. The whole bounty system is stupid. I understand trying to force companies to keep their prices accurate on the salesfloor but you instead made a profitable opportunity for scammers.

Which is stupid anyway. The whole bounty system is stupid. I understand trying to force companies to keep their prices accurate on the salesfloor but you instead made a profitable opportunity for scammers.
I agree. They should do away with it and just make it like other states-- you just have to sell it at the price of the sticker, no extra "reward". or if they really want, give the guest a bonus 10% off the item... but not giving them free money

Back