Archived BR/Instocks TL Paygrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a just question out of curiosity rather than trying to take action on any information I get.

Every other Backroom & Instocks TL in my area is a senior TL. I haven't taken time to check my whole district but other Targets in town and nearby towns is a senior. When I was moved into the BR TL position, other TLs told me seniors or at least veteran N15 TLs usually took the position.

Is anyone else an N11 paygrade as a BR TL? Every paygrade chart I've found make it look like at minimum an N13 role, but they were pretty old and probably out of date. I know it's not a large difference in pay, but it's the principal that bothers me. Maybe the focus on logistics has dropped and it's not considered as important a position as it once was, but it's crazy to me that it's valued less than bakery, a department which barely makes any money for the store.

All new TLs start at N11, except APTL, RxTL and Deli TL. I think they all start at N15. Sometimes TL positions will be posted as N13 if they're having trouble filling the position.

My store's backroom/instocks TL isn't senior TL though he's gunning for that promotion now (but that's a rant for another time).

My store's backroom/Instocks TL is not a senior but I'm not sure what pay grade he is. I know logistics TL's in other stores that are seniors though. My store has me the PPTL, a sales floor SR, and a SR GSTL. The store can decide where to place the seniors.

Yeah that makes sense. I think I'm just jealous of food side. A couple of those positions are less work for more pay, at the admission of their own TLs.

I'm mostly just sore about being denied a promotion to N13 because one of my 10,000 metrics was yellow, while two TLs with blood red departments have been promoted to senior.

It wouldn't bother me as much of they were just honest with me about why it was denied. It can't be that.

@j2e86 , I'm currently a SR TL of Logistics/Instocks. Prior to becoming a SR I was a TL for roughly ~8 months. One thing to consider is your experience. Have you been in role for a considerable amount of time? Another thing to consider is your availability. In my district most key carriers are those who have open availability, and in the case of SR TL, you must be able to do LOD shifts. If your upper management is concerned about conflicts while you are LOD then that could be part of their reasoning. I witnessed a TL denied a promotion to SR due to her consistently having to leave 4 hours into a shift due to family, then finish the remaining 4 hours later in the day. Obviously my STL was understanding, but she also had to consider this when determining whether the TL could handle the responsibility of being LOD.

Also, I started as an N11 paygrade. It was my first TL position, previously having been a team member for a few years. I understood it would take time to work my way up through the paygrade ranks and I was told if I could turn my area green within 6 months they would promote me to senior. Did it in 4, was prepped for interviews and sent by month 5. Moved into role 3 months after that. Talk with your ETL and ask what they would like to see from you as a leader.

My instocks/backroom is n11, flow is a srtl, logistics is etl. Instocks was a tl elsewhere but stepped down to transfer.

I appreciate hearing that there are people in the position at only an N11. I think it's a pretty underpaid position compared to other roles I've been in, but there are a lot of other positions in the same boat.

In regards to speaking to my ETLs about what they'd like to see from me, they tell me I'm doing a great job and consistently give me Excellent PCCI scores. They blamed my lack of a promotion on people higher up than them not being satisfied with a 97.4% BRLA. That's an increase since I've taken over the position. I think it's all just politics as usual and I refuse to play the game.

I am a new to target flow TL but have no idea what paygrade I am. Cant get ahold of my HR etl since I am at a training store and my HR tm has no idea. Cant find it anywhere listed on eHR either. I do know that I get paid more than the flow TL and backroom Sr TL at my training store though who have been with spot for 9 years.

I am a new to target flow TL but have no idea what paygrade I am. Cant get ahold of my HR etl since I am at a training store and my HR tm has no idea. Cant find it anywhere listed on eHR either. I do know that I get paid more than the flow TL and backroom Sr TL at my training store though who have been with spot for 9 years.
You're either N11 or N13.

OP, stores are only allotted a certain number of SrTL positions based on their org charts, and your store may already be maxed out due to TLs from other areas being SrTLs.

Arent flow tl key carriers? Doesn't that bump them up

They get a $1 increase for being a key carrier, but that doesn't affect the paygrade.

I didn't mean to make it sound like I wanted to be a senior TL. If you're actually doing your job as BR/Instocks TL, I can't imagine having LOD duties on top of it. I would probably break pretty quickly or everything would be red.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back