Archived BR/IS TL routines

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need help from all you BR/IS TL out there. I've been in positron for awhile but still have yet to find a balance between the two. I normally split my shifts between the two so I'm in touch with both teams but feel like I could do more. What kind of schedules does everyone work and what kind of routines do you have in place for success? I've made tiny steps on instocks but feels like only one team is in good standing at a time. I want them both to be great.

excellent question. i am still trying to figure out the balance myself. i am learning to walk away when truck isn't done so that i can touch base with my IS team or do other paperwork, etc.

I'd say don't schedule yourself in Instocks at all. Use all the hours on TM's and set their scanning expectations. If the IS team starts at 6:30 be there waiting for them to discuss their goals for the day and then send them off. Scanning is easy you shouldn't need to help them. If your running 6 trucks a week at 2400+ per truck scanning needs to be the last thing on your mind. Give each team member distinct areas so you can track who's doing what and how much. This makes it easy to audit. Give them an overall expected scan number for each week, say 1100 scans per person to be meeting expectations. IS should really run itself. You will go crazy trying to watch trucks, facilitate pulling and backstocking all plano workload, watching the Pfresh truck, and trying to scan aisles.

I pretty much let them run themselves normally already. I only really get one full day of scanning in due to other duties related to the job. What I'd like to know is what routines to put in place for myself if I were to start coming in earlier with the early morning team or what others have done to get a more successful backroom process going. Focus solely on pulling and backpacking Plano? Constantly audit? Combo of both? There's just so much that goes on in the morning that I don't know where to begin lol

My BR/IS TL focuses on the backroom & trucks. He checks in with us at the beginning of each week to set expectations and you won't hear from him again until next week. Basically, both teams are expected to work independently with little to no supervision....well, at least that's how it's done at my store.

Forgive me, but I can't stop laughing at the title of this thread.... You said "routines".... routines in the same phrase as BR/IS.....ROFL...can't...catch...my....breath....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back