Archived Breaking News

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess no one is as excited as I am on this.. :p

Sorry, it's also posted over in the union thread. I pretty sad personally. Once again big money kicks the middle class to the curb.

Not very close either. I suspect it would have been a little closer if workers were not scared that their store would be shut down and razed to the ground had they voted in a union.

Talan, see the above post? Told you that you were missed! :p

greatteam, he posted in intro if you want to welcome him back there as well! :)

Last edited:
of course. Target brainwashes its users and threatens them if they join an union!

If the vote was taken on an equal basis with fair debate on each side I'd say the union lost and that's that.
Unfortunately it is very clear that Spot did everything in it's power to make things unbalanced and unequal.
Still that's pretty much the way things have been since the beginning for unions, back to the bad old days.

If the vote was taken on an equal basis with fair debate on each side I'd say the union lost and that's that.
Unfortunately it is very clear that Spot did everything in it's power to make things unbalanced and unequal.
Still that's pretty much the way things have been since the beginning for unions, back to the bad old days.

If that indeed is the case that Spot put the squeeze on the team members (and they have a lot to lose so I'm sure they did) there should be another vote.

Push come to shove though I wouldn't vote in a union. It's not worth my store shutting down and being razed to the ground.

If you asked the average employee if there was anything they could do to give themself a better chance of not being unfairly terminated or harassed in the workplace, a better chance of getting more work hours, a better chance of getting a bigger raise, a better chance of getting lower benefit premiums with better benefits coverage, etc. most people who jump at the opportunity

Normally I don't like Unions but in the case of Target and their completely out of touch corporate leadership I'll make an exception, I'd love the chance to vote yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back