Archived Breaks

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know not all stores are the same and it varies by states but if i work 8 hours I get 2 15 minute breaks correct? (I know I get a meal too) "Atleast 7 hours and less than 11" But how long after should I take those breaks ? I know my 30 min lunch is supposed to be before the 6th hour but idk how to seperate the 15 min breaks

This pertains to my store which is in the North East.
Lets say you work an 8hr shift. You are allowed 2x15 minutes (these are paid breaks) and one 30 minute break (which you have to punch out for)

You clock in at 6am
Take your 1st 15 at 8am
Take your 30 at 10am
Take your 2nd 15 at 12pm

The idea is take a break every 2hrs.

Lets say you work an 8hr shift. You are allowed 2x15 minutes (these are paid breaks) and one 30 minute break (which you have to punch out for)

You clock in at 6am
Take your 1st 15 at 8am
Take your 30 at 10am
Take your 2nd 15 at 12pm

if you follow this then you will work 2 hrs 15 at then end of the day with no break and at the beginning of the day you won't get much done before the first 15.

You clock in at 6am (3 hours of work, get most done before that first break)
Take your 1st 15 at 9AM
Take your 30 at 11AM
Take your 2nd 15 at 1:30 PM (only 45 mins to work before you go home, clean up and go home.)

if you follow this then you will work 2 hrs 15 at then end of the day with no break and at the beginning of the day you won't get much done before the first 15.

You clock in at 6am (3 hours of work, get most done before that first break)
Take your 1st 15 at 9AM
Take your 30 at 11AM
Take your 2nd 15 at 1:30 PM (only 45 mins to work before you go home, clean up and go home.)

Two hours is the thing to go by, just on the floor we've found out the better break schedule teehee

I take my first 15 usually 3-3 1/2 hours in, then take my lunch around 12:30 so I can be back for 1 o'clock pulls. If I get my last 15, usually I'm rushing to get shit from the morning done because only two of us are scheduled past 12pm to get the rest of freight done and the last guy leaves at 12:30pm lol

I usually do 7-3:30,

15- 11:15-11:30
30- 12:30
15- Probably 3pm or 3:15pm, but if I can take around 2:00 pm that'd be great.

If you're at the front end, you'll have to control over when you take your breaks. They have a break schedule which goes by the "every two hours" rule. I hate that schedule, but you have to keep by it so there's enough coverage when cashiers go on break. Same with Guest Service, Starbucks, and FoodAve. Cart Attendants get free reign over their schedules as long as carts and bathrooms are good.

You clock in at 6am
Take your 1st 15 at 8am
Take your 30 at 10am
Take your 2nd 15 at 12pm

My store does this too (except that we are required to do a 45-minute meal break). Since my store needs our people to take lunch before the fifth hour, we find that this "every 2 hours" method is a good way to help TMs avoid hitting meal compliance.

When I first started with Spot in the Midwest, a lot of leads were experienced and they expected everyone to follow the every 2 rule even truck team.

Though I moved to the South and it was like pushing it to the limit. On an 8 hr shift, most would take break roughly around the 3 hr period, lunch after 5.75 and break 1 hour before going home if they didn’t skip their break.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back