Bring your own device.

Would you be open for target to allow you to install work related apps (such as myDay or ePick) on y

• yes

• no

Results are only viewable after voting.
I voted no only because I wouldn't want Target monitoring my personal device. Plus, @HInbound made a great point about the distractions; that already happens enough at my store too.
I drop my Zebra enough as is so if I were using my actual phone and dropped it I'd likely shatter the screen. I also don't want that
Same. I'd have had to replace about a dozen personal devices over the years if I used my own. Not a single Zebra has bit the dust from my many 20+ foot drops. If Target was on the hook for replacing personal devices, that would be nixed pretty damn fast when the replacement requests started coming in.

Nope. I leave my phone in my locker. How many times have I dropped my Zebra and not broken it yet? No way would my phone last. Plus, with a walkie clipped to one pocket and a Zebra holster on the other side, plus the usual collection in my pockets (tissue, lip balm, etc.) and my box cutter in its holster, I'm already toting around enough stuff on my pants and in my pockets. Besides all that, I have a pretty cheap cell phone plan because I don't use it like some do - I'd go through a month's data allowance in a week.

Sounds like a great way to burn in the screen and destroy the battery of any phone within a year if you work an appreciable amount of hours.

I've also dropped a zebra from the top of the racks in my DC and it survived unscathed. If I dropped my personal phone it would have been destroyed. Only way a policy like this would be better than using company provided equipment is if they gave a $400-500 yearly credit to buy a new midrange android phone or grab a 1-2yo used flagship from ebay/marketplace/etc.

Sounds like a great way to burn in the screen and destroy the battery of any phone within a year if you work an appreciable amount of hours.

I've also dropped a zebra from the top of the racks in my DC and it survived unscathed. If I dropped my personal phone it would have been destroyed. Only way a policy like this would be better than using company provided equipment is if they gave a $400-500 yearly credit to buy a new midrange android phone or grab a 1-2yo used flagship from ebay/marketplace/etc.
$400-500 is so overkill for a work phone, you could just get one of those locked samsung a-whatevers or motorola g-whatevers for less than $100 and it would be WAY faster than the myDevice.

Back