Bring your own device.

Would you be open for target to allow you to install work related apps (such as myDay or ePick) on y

• yes

• no

Results are only viewable after voting.
Walmart has an app called me@walmart that allows their workers to do a TON of things. as a kind of bring your own device to work.

I would honestly KILL to be able to do work on my personal device. My personal phone is 7x better than a TC57 (in benchmarks).

pulls would be faster. Guests would wait less. Have it be a hybrid of the target app and of myDay.

Walmart has an app called me@walmart that allows their workers to do a TON of things. as a kind of bring your own device to work.

I would honestly KILL to be able to do work on my personal device. My personal phone is 7x better than a TC57 (in benchmarks).

pulls would be faster. Guests would wait less. Have it be a hybrid of the target app and of myDay.
Your personal device is not secure. I would want extra pay from spot if I had to use my personal device.

Your personal device is not secure. I would want extra pay from spot if I had to use my personal device.
I’d argue the opposite for security, IOS devices are basically impenetrable compared to the Zebras and it’s prehistoric software. For pay, i wouldn’t think we’d get any and honestly i wouldn’t mind not getting any. not THAT big of a deal. just give us chargers in the break room lol.

No freaking way. Why would anyone want there to be any possibility of their employer tracking the activity on their personal device? Why would anyone pay/risk damage to use equipment that should be provided to do their job?
They don’t track your activity on your personal apps or messages or emails , photos etc. they are only allow to manage their own apps within your phone.

The one thing that they would have to figure out is how to connect to the Wi-Fi network. I know that the network the Zebras use is different and hidden from everyone but who knows about it.
They don’t have to use the same network as Zebras but it would be so much easier if they did.

The solution I have is to have a password/QR that comes up when you clock in that you scan/enter in the app. It automatically signs you out when you clock out. You can clock out from the app or the time clock.

I already use my phone because it's easier to look things up for guests on the Target app and Google than that slow Zebra lol
Same. If someone asks me if we carry something vague (Do you have sewing kits? Or Where are the sewing kits?) I would look up sewing kits on the Target website on my phone. If we have them but the aisle isn't listed, I will then input the DPCI into the Zebra to find the location. Same if they are looking for a specific item but don't have the DPCI, I search on my phone then use the Zebra.

Same. If someone asks me if we carry something vague (Do you have sewing kits? Or Where are the sewing kits?) I would look up sewing kits on the Target website on my phone. If we have them but the aisle isn't listed, I will then input the DPCI into the Zebra to find the location. Same if they are looking for a specific item but don't have the DPCI, I search on my phone then use the Zebra.
Same exact process I use. It would be awesome if they let you copy and paste DPCIs from the Target app on the Zebras and paste them into myDay. But they don't. It would be such a simple change that would make things so much easier.

tbh just waiting for the wide rollout of the TC58. I don't mind doing a quick search on my phone to find a product but I'd never want to be expected to use it for all my daily tasks.
With how much I use it for work, I'm ready to put my iPhone and Verizon bill down as a deduction on my taxes haha

No thanks, I already use about half of my phone's battery during my breaks, I'd have to charge it fully at least twice during my shift if I used it all day.

The one thing that they would have to figure out is how to connect to the Wi-Fi network. I know that the network the Zebras use is different and hidden from everyone but who knows about it.
They don’t have to use the same network as Zebras but it would be so much easier if they did.

The solution I have is to have a password/QR that comes up when you clock in that you scan/enter in the app. It automatically signs you out when you clock out. You can clock out from the app or the time clock.
Meh. The only reason the myDevices are on a separate network is when you try to access target things that are VERY important. Like Receipt Viewer or the timeclock or myTime self service.

That’s what requires a separate network. otherwise, use guest wifi or DGE
I would use my phone if they have external batteries for us to use. For iPhones they should have MagSafe batteries so it’s an easy swap and less cords to deal with.

If they end up going that way please get the new ChromeBox that has a wireless charger built into the top. This Asus Chromebox doubles as a 15W wireless charging pad for your phone - https://www.theverge.com/2023/1/4/23539022/asus-chromebox-5-qi-15w-wireless-charger
magsafe batteries fall off too easily. also, target probably has a really good deal with HP for the chromeboxes. no shot they move companies.

There's already an issue with the kids nowadays always on their phone instead of working. This would increase it tenfold with no real way to know if that TM is TikTok'ing or backstocking.
ESID That’s on leadership honestly. I can watch tiktok on my myDevice if i really wanted to lol
Besides, it's all fun and games until you drop your phone from a WAV at full stretch and it shatters.
this is very true. didn’t think of this. Still tho, would be SIGNIFICSNTLY cheaper than replacing a zebra screen.

I’d argue the opposite for security, IOS devices are basically impenetrable compared to the Zebras and it’s prehistoric software. For pay, i wouldn’t think we’d get any and honestly i wouldn’t mind not getting any. not THAT big of a deal. just give us chargers in the break room lol.
Ever heard of security through obscurity? Everyone and there mom is finding exploits on iOS. No one's doing the same for zebra devices.
Now it is android, and it isn't the latest version of android, but zebra devices are generally just running business apps and the companies own web portals, so opportunities to exploit are also lower.
Also I blow through more then a battery a day on the zebra and I can swap that out. If I were to use a normal phone I would just have a dead device after lunch break.

Then let us sign into workbench and request dates off from our phone on the guest network

Also what’s DGE
DGE (or i think it’s called DGE) Is the vendor wifi. If you have a demo unit. it’s probably using it. My phone is on it. The wifi is somewhere on the workbench, don’t remember what it’s called lol

That’s a huge security flaw if they allow that. Don’t get me wrong. I want it lol. But if i can just chill in my car outside the store and browse all things target. i could sell TONS of that info. There really isn’t a way to check to see if you’re clocked in before you use it. Can you do this with a zebra. Yes. But it’s significantly harder.
Ever heard of security through obscurity? Everyone and there mom is finding exploits on iOS. No one's doing the same for zebra devices.
Granted i haven’t been in the loop with exploits but, there hasn’t been huge security flaws that could allow for security issues afik. The only thing i could see if target saying no to a rooted / Jailbroken device which would be annoying, but a decision that i would understand.

Arguably, i could root a zebra probably pretty easily ngl. Have access to exclusive APKs such as myDay or MPM

Back