Who do I contact? We need a better myDay

I have all TM's numbers on my personal phone. It works exactly like a walkie. If you dont have their numbers it wont work.
Wouldn’t work for me. A lot of times if my phone battery is getting low I turn it off. I’m surprised leaders allow this at your store. My store wouldn’t allow this. Maybe leader to leader but that’s it.

Voice Prompts
Navigate easily through channels, check battery status and customize features in Advanced Configuration Menu with user friendly voice prompts.
Good catch.

I wonder whether those features are programmed by default.

Still a tiny LCD screen with the channel number and battery life would be more user friendly.

Voice Prompts
Navigate easily through channels, check battery status and customize features in Advanced Configuration Menu with user friendly voice prompts.
We recently got new walkies, and they read out loud what channel you're on and the volume level. The only problem is that there's no screen, so you can't see these things.

We recently got new walkies, and they read out loud what channel you're on and the volume level. The only problem is that there's no screen, so you can't see these things.
When does it read out loud the channel and the volume level?

When I first turn the walkie on and/or when I switch channels?

If I then switch to another channel does it all over again?

Wouldn’t work for me. A lot of times if my phone battery is getting low I turn it off. I’m surprised leaders allow this at your store. My store wouldn’t allow this. Maybe leader to leader but that’s it.
I am THE leader! The only one in the building at night. I won't lose 45 min to find you because you don't have a walkie. I will call you. I have to make sure you are ok, besides during your job

I started doing this after a team member got stuck in the freezer for a couple of hours and didn't have a walkie. And thank God I checked the device location. She wasn't even in the market and just wanted to help a guest.

When does it read out loud the channel and the volume level?

When I first turn the walkie on and/or when I switch channels?

If I then switch to another channel does it all over again?
When you first turn it on, it says the battery level as "low, medium, or high". Instead of a volume dial, it has + and - buttons to control it, and makes a beep the volume you adjust it to. And it says out loud the channel name as you're changing it.

I am THE leader! The only one in the building at night. I won't lose 45 min to find you because you don't have a walkie. I will call you. I have to make sure you are ok, besides during your job

I started doing this after a team member got stuck in the freezer for a couple of hours and didn't have a walkie. And thank God I checked the device location. She wasn't even in the market and just wanted to help a guest.
She didn't have her cell on her to call the store?

People going apeshit over using their phones at work is honestly kind of ridiculous to me. I have mine on me at all times and use it frequently to search the Target app. Sometimes I find stuff on there easier and faster than using the zebra, although the zebra is much better than it used to be. Between both I can usually find what I'm looking for.

She didn't have her cell on her to call the store?

People going apeshit over using their phones at work is honestly kind of ridiculous to me. I have mine on me at all times and use it frequently to search the Target app. Sometimes I find stuff on there easier and faster than using the zebra, although the zebra is much better than it used to be. Between both I can usually find what I'm looking for.
Not going apeshit. Just not going to do it. I also have my phone on me, but it's for emergency contact from my parents' nursing home and stays in my pocket unless it buzzes me. If they want ease and speed, give us better equipment. You do you. (When I started working at Target, using a phone on the floor was a coachable offense that could lead to termination. Times certainly change.)

Not going apeshit. Just not going to do it. I also have my phone on me, but it's for emergency contact from my parents' nursing home and stays in my pocket unless it buzzes me. If they want ease and speed, give us better equipment. You do you. (When I started working at Target, using a phone on the floor was a coachable offense that could lead to termination. Times certainly change.)
Times certainly have, it's true. We have TMs walking the floor having full-on conversations now. I sure don't advocate for that, lol. Neither do I approve of earbuds on the salesfloor, or the GS and Ap TMs standing around up front scrolling on their phones.

Back