BRLA and OFOs

How can I get my BRLA percentage up? It’s at 89% . I don’t understand why because I’ve been back stocking correctly. And my TL said I have to get my OFO percentage up as well but I’ve been pulling everyday and most of the aisles and still get 25-27%. I’m dbo for seasonal btw.

Could be issues with upper/lower casepack shelves located incorrectly. Could also be your fulfillment team not caring. Assuming there are no other normal scheduled people who works in your backroom? You have to be efficient in pulling, organizing your pulls by aisle etc. When my etl or tl pulls one for one batches they will pile the cart a mile high with a literal overflowing mound of mess. But if I only pull one layer of items, push, pull another layer of items, I can complete my one for ones twice as fast since I’m not rummaging through nonsense on the floor.

Fix your sales floor quantities and capacities when you push truck. My etl would tell you to fix them for every box every truck, but that would require several hours. Instead, I try to check a handful of boxes for every vehicle I push. Consistency will lead to extremely good metrics. Right now my district’s new DC has royally fucked the truck situation up. For a week or two now dozens of items per truck will not have a delivery date, not be on hand(but it belongs to our store) etc after the truck is acknowledged. Can’t do much about that.

If your daily audits, drastic counts, check dates and subsequent defects, sales floor quantities, sales floor capacities, flex ties are all done correctly meaning proper # fit for the size shelf and you’re actively filling all possible locations when pushing, backroom locations are all accurate and properly set up, then it’s probably just fulfillment LOL

Considering how many times a year Seasonal resets, I imagine this is an ongoing challenge.
Is your backroom space organized? I made signs with 3x5 index cards so others will backstock with some consistency when other TMs are pushing truck in my area. (Not entirely effective, but I think it helps.) I try to keep my wacos with only 2 or 3 DPCIs, 4 at the most, so items are easily found and not overlooked. I don't put things in the same waco if they're quite similar, like two fragrances of the same brand body wash.
When I'm pushing truck and have back stock, I check the floor capacity and the count, making sure they're accurate. It's an easy way to keep things on track.
I try to pay more attention when I've missed a truck day. (Can't be there for all of them!) Never fails, but I find things that are overstocked on the floor. Less often, I find things unlocated in the back, but then it's more accidentally stumbling on something and "what is this doing here?" when the floor location is empty.

Could be issues with upper/lower casepack shelves located incorrectly. Could also be your fulfillment team not caring. Assuming there are no other normal scheduled people who works in your backroom? You have to be efficient in pulling, organizing your pulls by aisle etc. When my etl or tl pulls one for one batches they will pile the cart a mile high with a literal overflowing mound of mess. But if I only pull one layer of items, push, pull another layer of items, I can complete my one for ones twice as fast since I’m not rummaging through nonsense on the floor.

Fix your sales floor quantities and capacities when you push truck. My etl would tell you to fix them for every box every truck, but that would require several hours. Instead, I try to check a handful of boxes for every vehicle I push. Consistency will lead to extremely good metrics. Right now my district’s new DC has royally fucked the truck situation up. For a week or two now dozens of items per truck will not have a delivery date, not be on hand(but it belongs to our store) etc after the truck is acknowledged. Can’t do much about that.

If your daily audits, drastic counts, check dates and subsequent defects, sales floor quantities, sales floor capacities, flex ties are all done correctly meaning proper # fit for the size shelf and you’re actively filling all possible locations when pushing, backroom locations are all accurate and properly set up, then it’s probably just fulfillment LOL

At this point, it is extremely difficult for fulfillment to cause backroom errors. If the item they are looking for is not in the location, they can just skip the location. This does not get reported as an error. It doesn't remove anything from the location. It really does nothing. It just lets fulfillment move on.

Auditing helps BRLA. If you’re having a lot of problem areas pull the weekly report and audit a few areas every day.

At this point, it is extremely difficult for fulfillment to cause backroom errors. If the item they are looking for is not in the location, they can just skip the location. This does not get reported as an error. It doesn't remove anything from the location. It really does nothing. It just lets fulfillment move on.
Our fulfillment absolutely contributes to the errors. I’ve seen them pick up items and move them to another location so it’s out of their way while they are scanning. Not sure they always get put back especially in the steel areas where it’s easy for them to slide things over. While we should be boxless it doesn’t always happen. They will pull the last item and leave the empty box. Next person comes along and if the box is not facing the front with the flaps open they don’t realize it’s empty and scan it to see if it what they need and now we’ve relocated the item that actually isn’t there.
Basically everyone can mess up the back room if you don’t care or know any better. It just gets so much worse during 4th quarter when you have so many seasonal people.

How can I get my BRLA percentage up? It’s at 89% . I don’t understand why because I’ve been back stocking correctly. And my TL said I have to get my OFO percentage up as well but I’ve been pulling everyday and most of the aisles and still get 25-27%. I’m dbo for seasonal btw
Our backroom is caseless.. since then it has improved our BRLA is currently at 98.80 to bring up your fill percentage.. pull OFO closer to closing time it’ll help!

It just gets so much worse during 4th quarter when you have so many seasonal people.
Yes. This happened to me last year and it took a while for me to catch on to what was happening. Good reminder for me to back stock my seasonal product differently and maybe avoid the same thing happening this year.

Back