Archived Brothers/Family Working in the same store

Status
Not open for further replies.

thatguyattarget

SFS/OPU Master
Just found out the a Sr TL for a dept has his brother in the same dept as him and a BR TM has brother working as a instocks TM. I personally don't care but is this okay?

I'm surprised that the SrTL's brother is in his dept. It's a conflict of interest to have family members in the same workcenter if one of them is in a leadership position. Even something like GSA which isn't a leadership position, my sister had to apply for Hardlines or Softlines because she couldn't work as a cashier with me as GSA.

SrTL's aren't supposed to have any kind of family in the building, as they are LOD's.

ASANTS but that's not the case in my district. As long as we aren't their direct TL, supervising them when we are LOD, and there is an ETL in the building it is okay. Basically if something were to come up with that family member there needs to be an ETL there to take care of it since we would not be able to due to conflict of interest. In any meetings about TM performance or review scores we skip the family members name when it comes up and the others discuss them later.

No, it's not ok.
However, if they haven't done anything yet, then the store probably isn't going to ever do anything.

I've had my aptl and a pricing tm related. Nobody seemed to think it was a problem but me.

We have a flow sr. Tl and a front end tm(their mom). Theyre constantly LOD when she is working. We also have a Sr. TL dating a girl in the pharmacy. My store hasn't said anything..

Years ago we had a female etl dating ( well it was more just screwing ) a male flow tm. The store never said anything ...but her husband found out ...came in the store and he said plenty! After , she that all of the sudden she felt the need to quit...imagine that .

So I asked another TL about this and they said, nope it's not okay but no one (higher) has said anything. And apparently this SrTL SO also worked in the dept but transferred to store.

I know our store has family members not being able to apply in the same position as the one already working there. Like our guest service team member could not have her mother be cashier so she applied to sales floor or our former cart attendant had to switch to hardlines when his brother applied to cart attendant.

I know our store has family members not being able to apply in the same position as the one already working there. Like our guest service team member could not have her mother be cashier so she applied to sales floor or our former cart attendant had to switch to hardlines when his brother applied to cart attendant.

That's weird. I know that family can't be in the same department if one is in a position of authority, but I'd always thought that if they were on the same playing field then it's no problem. We've had sibling cashiers and twin cart attendants and such, but that's never been a problem.

That's weird. I know that family can't be in the same department if one is in a position of authority, but I'd always thought that if they were on the same playing field then it's no problem. We've had sibling cashiers and twin cart attendants and such, but that's never been a problem.
Same here. We currently have twin cashiers & multiple siblings on the same teams. It's never been an issue.

Twin cart attendants sounds so adorable tho

Were they ever on the same shift because I feel like that could get confusing

We've had a senior with a sibling TM. If there's ever a conflict of interest the TLOD or myself will have the discussion with the team member rather than the LOD. So even when the srTL is lod, there's pretty much always one other TL in the store who can manage his performance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back