BTS DBO Advice

I’ve been doing this for the past few weeks and needed advice. What is the process that has best worked for my fellow BTS DBO’s? Everyday I’m left with mass amounts of backstock from the 4am team and they all leave at 11-11:30 most of the time leaving me their backstock and left over push... I have other things to do other than just what they had left over like zoning the backroom aisle and getting to sfq my area. I also have little assistance from other TM’s, today I had to ask an ETL for an extra person because I was the ONLY one backstocking the 4 vehicles that were left for me 2/4 were there before I even came in. I’m just frustrated because I was not given a clear end of the day expectation, who I’d have available to help, what my exact position was responsible for ect. So I’m hoping I can get that guidance from here, I’m not expecting all my problems solved just a process that works and is easy to replicate everyday. Also sorry if this doesn’t make much sense, I’m typing this in a hurry.

You job is to come in , zone , do your one for one , push truck , exf , audit . Your sort off the truck should only be your custom block and not the office stat custom block which I believe is why you have all these roll over crap. Get with your Tl to make sure that inbound is doing the right sort and to ensure that the dbo for office and stat stocks dual location , as you should stock your dual locations. But since bts has been set less than the previous year you should not have as much workload. First week after set yes , but now you should be able to finish your workload with the right sort.i also suggest to start lowering your counts on sales floor so you can start sweeping back since next week the Hq is allowing us to sweep back non carry forward bts

Your store is obviously not following process. You should definitely speak to your etl about expectations because itll likely just get even worse if they are unchecked and leaving back stock

You job is to come in , zone , do your one for one , push truck , exf , audit . Your sort off the truck should only be your custom block and not the office stat custom block which I believe is why you have all these roll over crap. Get with your Tl to make sure that inbound is doing the right sort and to ensure that the dbo for office and stat stocks dual location , as you should stock your dual locations. But since bts has been set less than the previous year you should not have as much workload. First week after set yes , but now you should be able to finish your workload with the right sort.i also suggest to start lowering your counts on sales floor so you can start sweeping back since next week the Hq is allowing us to sweep back non carry forward bts

In my store, the DBO of BTS/Seasonal is also the DBO of Office/Stat.

How is that even okay . So once bts is done this dbo owns sea and office/stat? And the front?

Correct. I don't get it either. I own 3 areas as a DBO as well, but 2 of them are self-sufficient- paper and bulk plastics, so I spend more of my time in my third area, baby.

The key aspect of me being able to handle 3 areas though is that I get support in working out the plastics and paper freight on every truck. Some days all the plastics freight is done for me, all PIPO pallets are worked by the receiver. I believe for the BTS, we have an extra person scheduled to help work the freight out.

Correct. I don't get it either. I own 3 areas as a DBO as well, but 2 of them are self-sufficient- paper and bulk plastics, so I spend more of my time in my third area, baby.

The key aspect of me being able to handle 3 areas though is that I get support in working out the plastics and paper freight on every truck. Some days all the plastics freight is done for me, all PIPO pallets are worked by the receiver. I believe for the BTS, we have an extra person scheduled to help work the freight out.
That’s crazy . And you own way to much . I normally send support to paper or plastic . So you owning both areas and baby is insane to say the least .

I'm with @allnew2 That's crazy. We have a DBO for rear seasonal and another one for mini. In reality, they do both jointly. We have another DBO for stationary/party supplies. For BTS, the inbounds style breakout team sort repacks onto metros, which helps them a lot. Bullseye is done by whoever has time. Our driveup runners normally volunteer for it as they don't have much to do before midmorning.

One DBO does cover paper/plastics, but baby has someone who just covers that area. However, due to Covid LOAs we do have some other areas where DBOs have a crazy amount of sections right now. They get a lot of support though.

Do you ever run into the problem of people pushing/backstocking not up to your standards? That would bug me a lot. Each of my business owners have to own every aspect, including the push, so that they can remerchandise endcaps, and decode, and transition in the moment before anything even makes it to the back. If I was in your shoes I would end up doubleworking a lot of things back out to the floor to keep an empty backroom. I feel like one of those people pushing for you could just end-to-end plastics themselves, for example.

I also remember you owning small appliances at one point, so I wonder how modernized your store *truly* is. It appears they are just moving their best and brightest around to where the transition need is instead of training the pushers to set stuff too? (I'm only saying this since plastics was not that long ago and baby is coming up again).

Do you ever run into the problem of people pushing/backstocking not up to your standards? That would bug me a lot. Each of my business owners have to own every aspect, including the push, so that they can remerchandise endcaps, and decode, and transition in the moment before anything even makes it to the back. If I was in your shoes I would end up doubleworking a lot of things back out to the floor to keep an empty backroom. I feel like one of those people pushing for you could just end-to-end plastics themselves, for example.

I also remember you owning small appliances at one point, so I wonder how modernized your store *truly* is. It appears they are just moving their best and brightest around to where the transition need is instead of training the pushers to set stuff too? (I'm only saying this since plastics was not that long ago and baby is coming up again).

We've only just recently switched back to allowing any backstock instead of flexing everything. Only issues with backroom stuff being wrong has been from my ETL who was working on a project. Go figure.

Most of the freight we get in fits out. I would say the most backstock I have is facial tissues right now. If I see someone else with something I know could be flexed, I let them know where to put it; last week it was hangers to fill my light plastics endcaps.

Up until a few weeks ago I was only on Plano which is why I talk about so many different areas. I set my own transition for plastics, working on them before or after my freight. They are still trying to figure out how to set any big transition without having a dedicated team and it's getting harder since I switched to DBO. BTS was such a drawn out set because there was no expert working with anyone consistently to teach them and then I got pulled off my DBO tasks to help. They need to figure out how to modernize pogs/transitions to work with everything else that's been modernized (or go back to a dedicated team if the process must stay th same); it's a square peg in a round hole right now.

Back