Archived Business Partners Positions

Status
Not open for further replies.

SupermanLeader

Senior Team Leader - Human Resources
Any here about the Business Partners position removal all around the company?
Thoughts?
Questions?
or have more info?

I had heard about the removal of DFMs and reorganizing the HR structure, but I didn't know they were all going away.

So far I've only heard about the removal of whatever the higher ups are that the SFT's answer to... I forget what their actual title is. I haven't heard anything about reorganizing HR or even doing away with all BPs. What are the details on that?

DFMs are the SFT's bosses. Possibly combining HRBPs for several districts or just having a group HRBP. That or some of the positions were renamed. I was talking to my HR about it today and she wasn't too sure on what the exact changes are, just that something is happening.

DFM and Food BP are getting eliminated. APBP will likely be eliminated. HRBP is the only one I don't really know about.

Does anyone know why they are eliminating BP positions?

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

But really. BPs are considered expense centers that generate no real value for their salary. Now of course anyone who has ever had a good BP knows this isn't a fair assessment, but in an Excel spreadsheet, it looks really good to eliminate all these $60k+ salaries and shift their responsibilities onto somebody else.

APBP is not going away completely, just eliminating some and combining over multiple districts. I'm losing an amazing APBP, who is taking the severance package and leaving the company instead of taking a position in a store. Can't blame them for leaving, but it sucks. We might be losing our Food BP and RXBP as well.

ETL logistics will now be SFT's new boss.

Yeah I heard about this, lol. That's quite the joke, becasue our ETL-LOG always works overnight. So he isn't going to be paying attention to the stuff our DFM always came in to look at.

Overall though, I think this is a smart move to cut a lot of the company expense from the top for once, instead of cutting more hours/TM's etc...

Does anyone know why they are eliminating BP positions?

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

But really. BPs are considered expense centers that generate no real value for their salary. Now of course anyone who has ever had a good BP knows this isn't a fair assessment, but in an Excel spreadsheet, it looks really good to eliminate all these $60k+ salaries and shift their responsibilities onto somebody else.

just to correct you, they will do it for

"$$"

it's the target way.

Yeah, I LOL'd too, about the LOGETL being the SFTs boss. However, our OPs might actually be doing it at ours (not sure).

DFM's are gone for the most part. 1 or 2 will be kept for each region. ETL-Logs now oversee SFT's
FBP have been sliced to one per region
APBP are doubling up districts
GAPTL postion has been removed
Group or Regional RX director -- Can't remember which one has been eliminated.

Thats all i can remember right now.

Group food leaders have also been combined with group operations leaders.

forgive me if i'm being naive but what exactly is the core roles of a business partner? do they have a home store with a office?

They are the experts of their specific area and are there to provide support to store leadership and the DTL when questions and problems arise. They usually work out of the district office but are supposed to be in stores 3 days out of the week I believe. For example if a store gets terrible shortage results the APBP is going to come to the store to help root cause the issues and continually check in on the store's progress

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back