Archived Buy on Target.com have item ordered and get it price matched at Guess Service. Can I do that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So there's this video game that Target won't sell in stores only online, so I want to know if I can buy it Target.com and then since it is on Amazon for lower price, get it price matched plus adding my TM, Red Card and a gift card so it goes even lower. Is this possible?

The ETLs in my store say you can either price match, or use your TM discount, but not both.

No its not possible. Target.com does not allow price matches. All sts, sfs, and spu orders are processed on the target.com side of the business.

Somebody's got some 'splainin to do! Thank you.

WTF for some F-up reason I also thought you couldn't do that. WTF Ever since I started working there in 2014, I think at that time you couldn't do that. I'm so glad to be reading this, anyways, so I won't get price matched what I got from Target.com to other retailer in GS?

They recently changed it. Normally we can't price match and do discount at the same time.

And no, you can't buy something at Target.com and then go to the store to price match by going to guest service

Effective the October 1,2015 price match overhaul, team members can use their discounts while price matching. Another major change was increasing the list of retailers we match to 29 up from the list of ~10.

Price Match Guarantee: guidelines and limitations, and exclusions
Guidelines and limitations:

• The item must be the identical item, brand name, size, weight, color, quantity and model number. It must be in stock at the time of Price Match.
  • Online competitor matches are limited to items sold and fulfilled by the select competitors listed here. Offers found on deal websites will be validated at retailer’s primary website and must meet all other price match criteria.
  • The actual price of an item must be identifiable and valid at the time of match. We reserve the right to verify a competitor’s advertised price and the availability of the item.
  • Please bring the entire printed ad, or show the online price or digital version of ad on your mobile device for proof of price. Original receipts or packing slips are required for price adjustments after purchase. Competitor catalogs can be matched as long as the price is identifiable and valid and all other price match criteria are met.
  • We match Target.com prices on in-store purchases and in-store prices for Target.com purchases. In-store price matches from other Target stores are excluded.
  • Price matches and adjustments will not be allowed for prices from Thanksgiving Day through the Monday after Thanksgiving, whether offered by Target or a competitor.
  • Alaska and Hawaii Target stores are excluded from price matching online competitors.
  • No rainchecks will be issued for items out of stock at Target or Target.com. We do not price match competitors if they are out of stock.
  • Limit of one price match per identical item per guest for online competitor matches
  • A team member discount can be used when price matching.

You actually can price match Target.com but you have to call Target.com to do so.

@Joel I've never done it myself but according to Target's online price match policy you can call Target.com's support number and they can manually adjust the price for you as long as the price match adheres to policy.

Source: SubCategory Article

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    217.3 KB · Views: 8
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back