Archived C+S Truck Unload

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know best practice for C+S is to set the line and unload it unto pallets and then push out what you can work out and the rest in the stockrooms, but does every store actually do this? We just take the pallets out to the floor and work product from the pallets. I know when we first started we would do that for produce but for freezer and dairy we would break it out. Also we start push at 9am

My new CTL is going back to this best practice but im not sure how we can even finish on time if we do this. We usually only have 4-5 people for push and 4 hours to do it. On monday we had just 3 people for C+S and that included a full freezer pallet, a full dairy pallet, and half a produce pallet. Now one person does the bcoding which cuts push time for them by a little. I know some days we will have 2 freezer pallets, 2 dairy pallets and a produce pallet. Just saying if it took 10 min to break down a pallet that would be 40 minutes for the 4 pallets which is almost 25% of our time scheduled. Just seems like if you took the time to break down everything it takes away alot of time to push and when you have 4-5 pallets to break down it is pointless.

My store gets FDC (c-vol p-fresh) and we get 2 frozen pallets, 2 dairy, 1 meat, 2 produce two days a week and just dairy/meat/produce on the weekend.
We just push it all to the floor and work the pallets with the sales floor helping.

Ok good haha. I cant imagine receiving in 9 pallets of C+S although we did have 7 come in once and only finished 30 minutes late haha.

Sandy caused a power outage at my store - made us QMOS all of our frozen food.

C&S truck was 41 pallets of food for the emergency order.

Yeah, we generally get no less than 13 or 14 pallets. We break down cooler, freezer and meat onto metro racks, tubs, flats and have the team push it. Produce the PAs break down and only push what we need. Usually 2-3 BR team members helping with the break down then the CTL and at least 1 PA are there early for the truck, and usually 2 market team members. The rest come in later and then other people from the sales floor help out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back