Archived CAF and hand scanner problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey

Our store has been having some problems with the system and it dropping in CAFs. One day there were litterly only 2 pulls at 5pm with1 item in each of them. Only 1 of 2 items went out. I thought it got it fixed, but today we had the same problem. In my areas girls/boys/infants it seems, as though most labels I scanned showed 0 oh hands and 0 backroom locations. I did however get lots of girls hanging out, due to some good sales. I had no boys in back to work out and as for infants I did not even attempt to work the loads of product back there. Seems, as though I am overstocked in the latter, which the opposite of last month.

Also after they did a firmware update to the registers our new hand scanners would not work. This made for some unhappy guests, as the barcode for the school district's account for purchase orders can only be scanned with the hand scanner. We seem to get a fair number of teachers from the schools in our area, as we are one of the few stores left that take purchase orders. Even more now with school starting on Tuesday.

Next the system was not giving out Red/Debit Card discounts. We were told to manually key in a Target coupon for what ever 5% of the purchase price would be.

In addition I guess they had problems at the service desk with returns. Not really sure of the details there.

They hoped to fix the problem overnight yesterday, by rebooting the registers. Not sure if they did that not. Someone tired that on a service desk register today and that seemed to fix the problems. In any event they rebooted all the register 1 by 1 while tms were on lunch or break.

Anyone else see any of these same problems at their store?

Software rollouts on the POS usually require a register reboot. All registers should reboot between 2-5am, but there are cases where the first reboot doesn't take the update.

Way to weird! We had no problems today. Did anyone contact the helpless desk?

Oh yeah CSS has been called too many times to count. I am sure they are getting tired of hearing from our store or least I would think.

We did have an issue with our overnight pulls dropping a few days ago, but that has since been fixed. We only had 14 batches drop which is far below the normal!

We got new handscanners for the pos registers, and every once in a while they stop working entirely. Only thing that fixes it is a register reboot.

We did have caf's issure this weekend.

Our problems were fixed by yesterday. Did have tons of auto fills in the morning. Partly due to the problems the day before and us making sales by over $11,000. I have never seen this before, but we even run out of #2 pencils.

Our problems were fixed by yesterday. Did have tons of auto fills in the morning. Partly due to the problems the day before and us making sales by over $11,000. I have never seen this before, but we even run out of #2 pencils.

It happen to us. But, we are staff shorted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back