Archived Calling all Backroom/Instocks TL's! (and anyone else with an opinion)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else feel as if you deserve a pay bump for running two work centers (Three counting reverse-log)?

What is the hardest part of managing the three?

What is your relationship with your ETL and how does it affect how well you excel in your role?

What do you focus on most? (Backroom or Instocks; BRLA, RSCH, PTM etc.)

How are you scheduled?

This role SHOULD get a pay increase, if target wasn't such a greedy bucket of slime. Three teams can be alot to handle, plus instocks and backroom not being efficient can turn a ton of store scores red plus become a mess fast! Ptm areas are a constant opportunity and backroom pulling quickly and staying clean is essential! If they are not fast and acurate Then salesfloor cant get the guest what they need or keep the floor full.
I'm not tl, but I work closely with mine and help instocks and receiving. My tl used to work 5am- 130 most days and every Saturday, but now the ETL and boss man store lead wants us to be "instock focused and driven" so we end up working a lot more 7-330 days.

As a instock tm, ( well not all the time anymore) I like seeing the work centers combined because it allows us to have a more complete picture of the process. I can see what I need to pull from the stockroom for Ptm, send backstock that I know will go to the floor because I flipping scanned that aisle earlier back to the line again, more quickly look for missing product because I know common backroom errors ect.
Hardest part of managing all three teams is probably that they are all task driven and you can't be helping the scan and unloading FDC at the same time. All three work centers require that you trust your team and have people who show up and are knowledgable. Being down a person really throws us. Especially in receiving where we have very little backup trained!

for new tls backroom/instocks is still pg 13 all other tl positions dropped to pg 11 so there is a little extra? Backroom/instocks tl at my store has no involvement in instocks. Instocks is ran by high potential instocks tm, thats crappy doing a tl job with no tl pay.

for new tls backroom/instocks is still pg 13 all other tl positions dropped to pg 11 so there is a little extra? Backroom/instocks tl at my store has no involvement in instocks. Instocks is ran by high potential instocks tm, thats crappy doing a tl job with no tl pay.

I am that tm. I am now getting consistant 40hrs for the 1st time in years. I have no problem with this. I decide how to procede with the days scans depending on the state of the rest of the store, check with the LOD to CMA and I am off and running. I have none of the headaches TL's face. I can honestly say I have not been this happy with Target in years.

Even crappier that it is only pg5. This irritates me in ways that only another overworked, underappreciated, expected-to-know-all-do-all-be-flexible-and bend-over instocks tm can understand.

Sadly I haven't put as much focus on instocks as I think I should. There are some opportunities that I have wanted to work on but I am extremely busy with backroom. I have to give backroom that priority because of its effects on the instock process.

Sadly I haven't put as much focus on instocks as I think I should. There are some opportunities that I have wanted to work on but I am extremely busy with backroom. I have to give backroom that priority because of its effects on the instock process.

I took that approach at first. But backroom can run by itself as long as you've got the right people at the right time. Having a great backroom flow team really helps as well. My focus is on Instocks 24/7 I follow up constantly and rarely hop in myself. I set the expectations high. I schedule myself 6:30-11:30 then snap back to the backroom from 11:30 to 3 in order to oversee the backroom process (critical time around the afternoon caf's). When Im scheduled backroom I have time to do my reports (empty locs, detail reports and what not). I have about 5 strong Instocks TM's usually schedule 2 daily with exception of two days a week for HL/SL rescan days. I've captained one instocks TM to do Drastic count daily another to do MPG (mondays) and another to help with push when needed. I think the hardest part is establishing a set routine and schedule, especially in the back room. As long as youve got a strong opener/mid/closer you should be all set.

Well all processes should be able to run themselves. Right now there are some opprtunities in flow and backroom that I think when corrected will correct some instock opportunities. I prioritize like this Truck -> Backroom -> Instocks.

Well all processes should be able to run themselves. Right now there are some opprtunities in flow and backroom that I think when corrected will correct some instock opportunities. I prioritize like this Truck -> Backroom -> Instocks.

At our store the priority is Truck-> Backroom -> Lunch-> Break -> Reverse Log -> Cookies in the Breakroom-> How much paper is in the printer ->Instocks-Who?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back