Archived calling all GSTL's/GSA's/TL's

Status
Not open for further replies.
That other TM had no right to call her a rude name the second she found out she was the new GSTL. It isn't a joke when you've known each other for exactly 5 seconds. Those sorts of jokes come after knowing someone for at least 2 minutes.....

I'm sorry, but I would have said something to HR right away as well. Because there is something entirely off if any employee is expected to be treated that way by another employee. There's a difference between being "uptight" and expecting to be treated like a human being. It doesn't matter how upset someone is that someone outside the store was hired...they still have no right to be nasty to the new person.

It was too soon to be joked with that way...as for someone being upset about myself getting the GSTL job...there is still an opening for GSTL there! They should apply and try to get an interview

Not going to get into who's right or wrong but....

Target is VERY bad about communicating when someone has not gotten a position. I wouldn't have been a bit surprised if a person interviewed for GSTL and didn't find out they didn't receive it until you told them it was your job.

a little point - a person who shows up for orientation may not even be working at that store permanently.

We quite often hold orientations for other locations.

Everyone should treat each other how they would like to be treated. At least it sets a good example.

(and yes, quite often - tm find out they didnt get the position the wrong way)

Not going to get into who's right or wrong but....

Target is VERY bad about communicating when someone has not gotten a position. I wouldn't have been a bit surprised if a person interviewed for GSTL and didn't find out they didn't receive it until you told them it was your job.

So true. I found out that I got the GSA position when I looked at my schedule. No one bothered to tell me or the other TM who was applying for the job who did not get the job. Same with GSTL. Since my job really didn't change much, I noticed that my pay went up. Funny stuff. I asked my ETL and he said, "Uh, yeah. I wondered why you weren't at the TL meeting last week."

So true. I found out that I got the GSA position when I looked at my schedule. No one bothered to tell me or the other TM who was applying for the job who did not get the job. Same with GSTL. Since my job really didn't change much, I noticed that my pay went up. Funny stuff. I asked my ETL and he said, "Uh, yeah. I wondered why you weren't at the TL meeting last week."

For a company that talks so much about communication, they sure do a piss poor job of it.

For a company that talks so much about communication, they sure do a piss poor job of it.

Agreed, not in my life have I ever...EVER seen a multi-billion dollar company do such a crappy job of communicating simple things. I remember the first time I interviewed for an ETL position (thank GOD I didn't get it) they messed up the interview process and NEVER GOT BACK TO ME. Funny how things work out.

Yeah they kept me in suspense for the GSA position for a while lol. Then I noticed GSTL/GSA on the newest schedule and figured it out lol. They offered soon after that though.

awe, so it didn't like the responses so the OP deleted the original post... that's funny, i have an SS of the original post on my computer.... HAH.

Why are there so many posts being deleted on the forums lately? Between Thumbalina and Anonymous123, it's been kinda annoying to log in, and not have a clue where the discussion is going, but for the comments that were made.

Thumblina had put too much detail on her posting. On anoy123, just started with spot, last week. He had 4 threads with the same posting. His concerns are upper mgt , as oppose to focusing & learning his cashier job. It is highly suggested to search our forums first, before asking the questions. He is trying to change his open availiblity to 2 days during the week.

Thumblina had put too much detail on her posting. On anoy123, just started with spot, last week. He had 4 threads with the same posting. His concerns are upper mgt , as oppose to focusing & learning his cashier job. It is highly suggested to search our forums first, before asking the questions. He is trying to change his open availiblity to 2 days during the week.

It's all good. Just frustrating when there's some information that would be useful for myself (or others) and it's missing. At the very least, it would have been nice to have an edited down version instead of a "deleted" box.

I think it may be helpful to answer people's questions sometimes instead of immediately directing them to the search. Sometimes searching the forums is difficult and the results aren't always what you are looking for. (I mean unless it is absolutely an overasked question).

I think it may be helpful to answer people's questions sometimes instead of immediately directing them to the search. Sometimes searching the forums is difficult and the results aren't always what you are looking for. (I mean unless it is absolutely an overasked question).
Depending on the question asked.

Some questions have been asked many, many times so for old timers the reflex is to kinda shake our head and go "Would you just look first?"
I know part of the problem is Spot tends to coach things in incomprehensible jargon so you often aren't even sure how to ask the question?
The training by fire method that is used way too often doesn't help either.
So if we get a little brisk, sorry.
We do want to help and will always do our best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back