Archived CALLING OUT Help?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay so I have worked at target for 7 months,I have called out 2) and have been late 2 times.

I wanted to know about sick time and how to use it) I have 18 hours of sick time I haven't used.what I'm asking is if I call out and ask to take a CALIFORNIA sick day can they hold that against me.

My GSTL had a talk with me already about the dates I have called out.is that a "coaching" how many warnings do you get.all information would be helpful thank you

To answer the easy question, you use your sick hours by turning in a form to HR stating how many hours you want to have used, from what accounts, etc.
At my store they're in a tray on the desk in TSC, but anyone in HR and all the ETL's should (key word there) be able to tell you where to get the form and where to turn it in to. And you can't use sick hours to put your weekly hours over your average hours/week worked.
The legal answer to the other part of your answer is that they cannot retaliate against you for calling out and using tour sick hours; usually. If, however, you make it a habit of calling out, or call out and post a picture of yourself not sick and your boss sees it, then you can get written up for it, and of you get enough write-ups, you can get fired.
On the shadier side of things, if you call out on a day the store needs you, and/or you call out on a holiday that lots if people want off but rarely get, such as Thanksgiving, New Years, or for the super bowl, you can fully expect your hours to drop like Wile E. Coyote's Acme parachute. It may be in retaliation, but it's very hard to prove.

I was gonna say I've been there 5 almost 6 months and don't get sick or vacation yet.. When do you start getting that?

Yes I have 18 hours of sick remaing meaning sick time sence I've worked there.thanks for all the information

I'm pretty sure that it has something to do with California state law. If I remember correctly, I earned similar just as fast.

Though you work in a state that gives you sick hours, it doesn't mean you can't get coached for excessively calling in sick. You may consider it retaliation for using sick hours but it's not.

Are you saying you can use sick hours to boost your hours up to your average like you can with vacation hours?
In my store we use to to be able to u till the DTL caught on and told STL and hr Etl that they would be fired if they allowed it

what happens if you don't use your sick time I also have 18 hours? does it keep stacking?

I thought you could. Isn't sick time labeled as Personal Time?

From what I heard personal and sick time when used still hits stores payroll the same as if your worked a scheduled shift. Vacation apparently is different which is why they tell you to use vac time to bump your hours up. Apparently it won't affect stores payroll. Not sure how true it is though.

what happens if you don't use your sick time I also have 18 hours? does it keep stacking?

Keeps accumulating till you hit your max which depends on how long you been with spot. For instance my sick vacation and personal all max out at 360 hrs each

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back