Archived Calling you on Vacation?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was on vacation for for the new years and got home today but was still in vacation when I saw that Target was calling ( I already have a annoying sound so I knew it was them lol) It goes to VM and it was someone from HR saying hey it's ***** can you work sales floor this afternoon? How can they not see the schedule in front of them?? How can they not see I am on vacation?? I know HR doesn't bother calling people that are unav but calling people that have time off? I think that is a first!

Even though the wall schedule says "Time-Off", they don't see the reason why unless they dig into the request on MAX. For all your poor clerical TM knew, you had plans in the morning but took off the whole day.

FFS, don't be pissed off because they offered you to come in!:wacko:

have to agree,there are many who would like to get a call to come in and its not as if they called you at 4am and woke you up.Have a great year.

Yeah, I've gotten called during time off a few times. No reason to get upset. All I'm going to do is say no, right? It's really a waste of their time, not really of mine. Besides, I enjoy saying, "Well, you know I would come in, but considering that I'm currently on the other side of the United States...yeah, I don't think I'd get there in time."

I have been on leave and I get called

LOD: WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU!!
Me: On leave
LOD: The computer says you work today
Me: The posted schedule has me off
LOD: Oh...You're right. Sorry.

Hey mistakes happen, I know Ive called people who were on Vacation before because of Max not working properly!

I've been called by an ETL on a day that I'm not available in the system. I just explained I had class, and they told me to have a nice night. It happens.

I was once called by my ETL-HL while I was in the store...working. I was working Service Desk that day (long time ago, probably 3-4 years now) and my phone rang. Since I didn't have any guests, I decided to look and see who it was- lo and behold, the caller ID said Target. Thinking this has to be a joke, I answer the phone saying, "This is Big Blue, can I help you find something?" The ETL kind of laughed and asked me what I was doing today. I said, "I'm already here, working right now!" Needless to say he was a little embarrassed haha.

Ok, first, you are on vacation, second, what are you going to do about anything? "Oh, the entire flow team walked out, and the truck is coming in about 5 hours late...." Seriously, what do they think you are going to do besides say, "good luck with that!"?

Ok, first, you are on vacation, second, what are you going to do about anything? "Oh, the entire flow team walked out, and the truck is coming in about 5 hours late...." Seriously, what do they think you are going to do besides say, "good luck with that!"?

This. Isn't that why there's an LOD? Or call the STL, not an ETL who's on vacation!

With our store the clerical scheduler puts "time off" or "vacation" so hopefully when HR or someone else looks at the printed schedule they know why the TM is out.

However, sometimes there are just too many call offs and the store is busy....so the LOD or whoever is mostly thinking about trying to get someone to come in and they may not even have the printed schedule with them.

While it is crazy to be called when you are on vacation all you have to say is "I'm sorry, I can't come in today." Telling them that you are on vacation doesn't really matter to them.....they're looking for a TM to come in and help out with a rough day.

By the way, you could also look at the call on vacation as one that shows how valued you are at your store..............right?
They can't get along without you!

They laughed and said sorry we called you the other day we forgot you were on vacation it was a simple mistake sometimes we do not pay attention to minor details even HR mistakes I said laughed and said it's okay we all make mistakes it happens.

I was once called by my ETL-HL while I was in the store...working. I was working Service Desk that day (long time ago, probably 3-4 years now) and my phone rang. Since I didn't have any guests, I decided to look and see who it was- lo and behold, the caller ID said Target. Thinking this has to be a joke, I answer the phone saying, "This is Big Blue, can I help you find something?" The ETL kind of laughed and asked me what I was doing today. I said, "I'm already here, working right now!" Needless to say he was a little embarrassed haha.

One day, I swore I was scheduled to work at a certain time, got to work, tried to punch in and the time clock rejected. I looked at the schedule in the TSC and it had me down for an hour later so I decided to have a snack. As I'm sitting there in the break room, my phone rings and it's my ETL-Rx asking me if I was coming in because I was "late". I told her what happened & where I was....she just had me clock in and have the LOD override it (once I finished eating, of course ;) )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back