Archived Can I check out family?

Status
Not open for further replies.
At my old store, a cashier asked me about this and the only thing I could say was "well they either go through your line or they leave without paying so yeah sure why not? TEAM I NEED BACKUP PLEASE."

Wow, I never knew this was against policy apparently. My momma came through my line all the time. Ain't nobody give a shit. Especially when I got her to sign up for the debit REDcard through me!

Now we had a Food Ave TM who was giving her mom, dad, kids, aunties and uncles and shit, the whole damn family reunion a bunch of discounts. I guess I could see why it would potentially be a problem, but I don't think the solution is to make it against policy to ring up family. My mom would have been pissed w/ me if I'd have told her "Sorry, but it's against policy for me to help you." Lol!

My mom would have been pissed w/ me if I'd have told her "Sorry, but it's against policy for me to help you." Lol!
My mom would be the same, and since she knows a lot of the managers since she worked with them, she'd ask for them by name and complain probably.

Idk, but I don't do it. My mom avoids my lane just in case it's ever an issue. One night I closed alone as a cashier though so I rang her up.

Whether it's against the rules or not I'd avoid it. It's just asking for trouble. A Redcard application (and just an application) is probably ok, I cleared it with my ETL-AP before my mom signed up.

Idk, but I don't do it. My mom avoids my lane just in case it's ever an issue. One night I closed alone as a cashier though so I rang her up.
The couple times this has happened to me (parents dropping me off/picking me off when I open/close and they need something and I'm the only cashier) I've called the GSTL over and had them ring them up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back