Can I get a raise if i completed my bachelor's degree?

Hello,

Im a current team lead and i was wondering if i can get a raise with my bachelors degree that i just complted? I want to hear it from you guys first before i go talk to my H.R.

Thank you!

Sorry, but even if Spot valued education, knowledge or experience, they weren’t kidding when they said “Expect More, Pay Less”...

May vary by district and group then, we have people on the bench who’ve been told they’re next and awaiting a spot for months, with new external candidates getting positions left and right.

There has been a push is a lot of areas in the country for “experience” externally. Particularly for ETL-Speciality Sales & ETL-Food you must have external experience in those areas to get that role.

In my district it doesn’t matter how qualified you are. They simply stopped promoting people from within to ETLs. Now if you are pretty young and sassy, with no qualifications and from outside - sure! That’s where all our ETLs are coming from now. 🤷🏻‍♀️

In my district it doesn’t matter how qualified you are. They simply stopped promoting people from within to ETLs. Now if you are pretty young and sassy, with no qualifications and from outside - sure! That’s where all our ETLs are coming from now. 🤷🏻‍♀️
Whereas my district is the opposite. We’ve wasted so much time and money on these new external hires for ETL when they just leave for something better in a few months. Even had one just tell me he was temporary and this was a stepping stone to look good for his next job. SMH. They’ve gone back to promoting from within and have promoted quite a few new ETL’s in the last 6 months or so.

I don't know of any companies that give you a raise just because you completed a degree. You need to use the degree and what you learned to either seek a higher position or step up your game in such a way as to justify a raise.

Back