Archived Can I make another wrong choice for you please?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Terrible day today, four cashier call in. My ETL barely checks in with me at the beginning cashier call-ins are not mentioned. She knows the plan to begin with........ So my mid-day sales floor team ends up playing backup cashier instead of working pulls and starting zone on time. Backing up the start of zone an hour, after break coverage and everything else I'm handing off to the evening told with HL and Groc. Zones unstarted :(
No check-in with ETL until like an hour before hand off at which point stuff is already to a what can I do besides have them back up place. My ETL is unhappy with the lack of progress but also has no suggestion for ways we could fix it......
Didn't matter which one covered the breaks neither one had started zone but I made the wrong choice for my ETL. I told my zoners to let me and the two other TL in the building at the time take the backup cashier first responses and wait for us to ask for more help. Terrible choice according to my ETL who hops on walkie seconds later and tells them to disregard that.
Thanks for undermining me.
If the ideas were so terrible come up with a BETTER plan or ANY plan that would help. We were in a cruddy situation and you just complained instead of helping.
:( super :( for today

Did I mention I had to do the BTS today?

Did I mention I had to do the BTS today?

And how did that work out for you?

I'm sorry you had such an awful day.
It seems like you have a clear lack of leadership.
The very special kind that starts to flail around and cut the head off of anybody who tries to take control of a situation when it is careening over the edge.
There really isn't much you can do to fix that kind of stupid

Last edited:
After helping people out and covering my bosses' asses for years I've finally decided to let them dig their own grave. It's amazing how fast things can change when you focus on your own job and quit doing everyone else's. Stuff doesn't get done and I don't lose any sleep. Covering for your bosses' lack of leadership skills isn't in your job description, so when they refuse help, belittle you, or don't listen to any advice you have, it's not your fault when they fail. Just do your job and do what they want you to do. They'll crash and burn eventually and then just keep your fingers crossed for someone better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back