I'm Lost! Can I report a specific TM to the integrity hotline for drug use?

And how would I go about doing that? I know of a specific TM who comes to work coked out all the time to the point where they brag about it and it affects their work performance and the safety of others. Can I report that to the hotline and if so how?

Personal opinion - no. I understand why you are possibly thinking that though, the hotline should only be used for true business purposes examples would include; behavior that could illegal or unethical, quid pro quo, harassment, etc.

Should you have speculation that somebody is under the influence of alcohol and/or drugs, you should be discussing with your manager or HR Business Partner to check in with said team member. If you want something to be done you will want to provide examples of how this team member is either creating a safety hazard (for team members/customers/vendors), not being able to perform their job, etc. Odds are management/HR may already be aware of the situation and is just observing until the all clear sign to have the discussion.

Years ago we had a TM back room who came in juiced up every day. Nice guy, good worker but he was badly bitten by the ethanol. Everyone knew it, he never did anything risky or dangerous, he smiled a lot. One day he was gone. Hope he got some medical help, he really needed it. Booze is terrifying. Young kid too, probably 30 or so.

If this individual uses powered equipment, particularly the wave or crown stacker, you need to speak to someone in store leadership before he injures/kills himself or someone else. The life you save may be your own, seriously, our store had some pretty hairy stuff happen with the powered equipment, and those guys were sober.

Document behavior first. If they have slurred speech, odd behavior, unsafe working habits. Leave anonymous note with leadership. If they admit use, definitely report it immediately.

Back