Can I request off Black Friday?

Anyone know if I can request off Black Friday? Or the day after? I tried to request off as my 21st birthday is the 23rd and Thanksgiving is the day after, and I planned on being out of town the rest of the week to celebrate.

My best advice is try and request it off. Be prepared you probably won’t get it. The Saturday after black is ok I’ve gotten it off before but, Black Friday is tricky. In the future I would put it in way in advance so they don’t notice the date. You can request off as early as 6 months in advance. good luck.

My co worker did and got black fridsy off. It really is dependant on your management and who else in your workcenter has time off. Our leadershio allows either christmas or black fridsy off not both

Definitely store dependent. Last year you might've been fine at our store, this year no time off requests are being granted for the rest of the year. Everyone is already talking about the days they'll have to call off (not holiday or busy days either, just like a random Tuesday that didn't get approved). It's not going to go over well, that's for sure. They can write people up all day but a mass-firing won't look good on the SD.

Back