Archived Can I retract a call out?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was feeling like crap earlier today so I called out, wanting to do it fairly early to give them time to find someone. Well I took a 5 hour nap and feel a lot better, what would happen if I decided to go in? Can a call out be taken back and would they let me work?

I've called out every day this week but it's when I"m already there and I'm like, okay, shit, I'm here so I'm coming in two hours late tomorrow.

No one believes me ever. :(

I've done it.

I called out once and my LOD asked me if I could rest and come in later for my close. He asked me to call back in a couple hours...after more medicine and a nap, I felt better and he told me to come on in. I guess it all depends, like everyone said, on hours and if the shift was covered or not.

I've done it.

I called out once and my LOD asked me if I could rest and come in later for my close. He asked me to call back in a couple hours...after more medicine and a nap, I felt better and he told me to come on in. I guess it all depends, like everyone said, on hours and if the shift was covered or not.

Smart of your LOD when people call at 6am for a 5pm shift, there is a chance they will feel better later

Here's the thing that I hate about early morning shifts (i.e. before 8am). You pretty much HAVE to call out the night before if there's any hope of them being able to get someone to cover you, and if you can't, then you have to wait until 7:30 to call (PAST your shift) because at my store, there's often not someone in the building prior to that who can take call-offs. I've had plenty of times where I was miserable the night before, but had no way of knowing if I'd feel better or the same in the morning, so I had to call off just in case. If I had an LOD who would let me sleep on it and then not come in the morning if I still wasn't feeling well, sure, but I feel like for really early shifts, they won't give you that option.

Smart of your LOD when people call at 6am for a 5pm shift, there is a chance they will feel better later
that's actually a bad LOD. They should never guilt trip you into calling a second time when you already called out. You'd only call out if for plenty of reasons you didn't want or feel like coming in.

I would have stayed home and then told them the next day that i already called out before

when this happened to me at my last job, I woke up feeling drastically better and showed up without calling, and boss man got all ass blasted and huffed at me to go home because he already called someone else in

But at Target the STL saw me walking in (about 5 hours late) and was like "HEY DUDE!!!!! Thought you called in, feeling better?! GREAT!!! :-D Give me 5 minutes and I'll get you started on some manual pulls!" He ended up letting me stay until close and it wasn't even during the holiday season.

that's actually a bad LOD. They should never guilt trip you into calling a second time when you already called out. You'd only call out if for plenty of reasons you didn't want or feel like coming in.

Spoken like a true lazy ass tm. Lol, replacing callouts is not easy at all. I only call out when I need to but you are free to give your hours away lol.

Spoken like a true lazy ass tm. Lol, replacing callouts is not easy at all. I only call out when I need to but you are free to give your hours away lol.
A lazy tm wouldn't call out at all. Why should I do it twice?

Thanks for the responses everyone, I just let it be. I’m off tonight so figured two full days of rest will have me good to go for my shift tomorrow. Of course I later get about three co-workers texting me, telling me that my TL’s and ETL were flipping out that I wasn’t there and that it was a no call no show because the LOD from dayside neglected to tell them I called out...so that was fun.

A lazy tm wouldn't call out at all. Why should I do it twice?
200.20.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back