Archived Can someone explain to me what are the positions a ETL can advance to besides STL?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone explain to me what are the positions a ETL can advance to besides STL? & Also how long it typically takes to become an STL from an ETL position? I haven't started Business College yet but this question has been on mind since I got hired and I would love the information that anyone has! Thank you!

It depends n your district & if new stores are opening in the area. Some jobs bypass into district directly depending on your job or skills. Being in district is better than stl, because you can have more impact to the stores depending on the area. For ex: market or pfresh.
Don't being assume that being an etl, advancement is quick. It will kinda slow depending on needs or area.
Then you read this:
http://www.thebreakroom.org/showthread.php/171

Last edited:
Can someone explain to me what are the positions a ETL can advance to besides STL? & Also how long it typically takes to become an STL from an ETL position? I haven't started Business College yet but this question has been on mind since I got hired and I would love the information that anyone has! Thank you!

I once saw an ETL promote directly to DTL. In all my years with the company, it was the only time I saw an ETL promote further than STL. I can say, however, that he deserved it. By far the hardest working, most competent, and most capable ETL I had ever worked for.

Business Partners are on the same level as STL. Hypothetically, you could go right from ETL to a business partner,but it doesn't happen all that often. The only business partners I know of are APBP and HRBP. I'm sure there are more though.

You could go the route of becoming a business partner( above an ETL but below an STL). There is assets protection BP, human resources BP, Food BP, Rx BP(pharmacy). You can become a GTL(group training leader) who oversees business college and training for ETL's and STL's. There are also Senior ETLs in certain stores. You can go the route of becoming a recruiter for Target.
Generally what they will tell you is to have two 18 month rotations in different ETL positions to become an STL but I have seen numerous people become an STL in a shorter time period.

Last edited:
We've had two ETL's this year alone get promoted, one to HRBP and another to DFM. One more is in development for STL and three of our team leaders are in development for ETL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back