Archived Can TL be scheduled in other workcenters?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NKG

Nkg
My new store decided to schedule me on the salesfloor a couple of shifts. Can TL even be scheduled that way?

Its either a mistake, allocate hours for TL hours, or you might be training to cover another TL's workcenter.

Also do you know if your store might be switching TLs around between WCs?

My new store decided to schedule me on the salesfloor a couple of shifts. Can TL even be scheduled that way?

Yes, we have had TLs take turn being gstl to cover a vacation before.

I wonder if it was a mistake. As a transfer it may have autopopulated from your old store under the wrong workcenter or something like that. Only way to find out is ask.

What are you originally and what are you scheduled in?
I've seen the SBUX TL cover for GSTL before a couple of times, I know one of the regular (not SR) soft lines TL has learned to cover & close front lanes, the GSTL has closed sales floor, SBUX TL has also closed sales floor.

Yes, TLs can be scheduled outside if their area. When our Sr TL- replenishment is the closing LOD on a truck day, our SrTL-POG takes his place on unload if our ETL- LOG can’t be there. That happens usually once a month. So it’s not often.

It's happened at my store on a few occasions..... but it's never been a "surprise" to the TL that's scheduled differently. The STL asks the TL if they can cover XYZ for a few days or for a week (vacation, LOA, etc) looooong before that schedule gets posted. Hence, no "surprise". The STL also makes sure that TLs assigned department will be well-covered with an additional TM(s) in their absence.

Yes, they can be scheduled in other areas. Talk to HR if you think it might have been a mistake.
We are sitting at 2 red cards for the week if that makes you feel any better. Maybe our cashiers need a beating too ;).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back