Archived Can you sales floor guys even lift?

Status
Not open for further replies.
when I have a heavy Get for Guess I leave it at the GS and run back to the back

If I can lift so can someone else. Imagine actually calling a SFTM to help me pull FURN cafs lol. Shit outta luck

If you mean making a guest solo lift a heavy item, then that's a law suit waiting to happen. And no, a SFTM cannnot help you with pulls because you know why, its not their freaking job. It is, however, your job to carry team lifts. Like I've said. If you feel like its wasting your precious little snowflake time to do your dam job, then fine, just don't pretend like it's not your job. And don't be so freaking condescending about not wanting to do your job.

It is the sftm job to help with a team lift even if it's a caf pull. It's everyone's job to help or someone can get hurt. I tore knee doing a lift alone in the backroom and it still effects me years later.

I don't care about Target law suits.

Sohardcore.jpg

Another big guy that can lift plenty here.

I ignore most team lifts, but I definitely call for help on those heavy, large items like the dressers and TV stand things. If I get hurt, I don't want Target to be able to say that I wasn't following protocol and am entitled to no disability.

Also backroom does pretty much nothing. Backstocking and autofills are easy bro and if you aren't coming clean every single day, you're weak.

Nothing on there says backup salesfloor with teamlifts

I mean, WTF? Aren't we all part of a team?
Nope. Most other teams don't care about other teams. In my store everyone tries to shift blame to the flow team. Sftms barely backup and softlines doesn't help out anywhere else.

Flow and backroom end up bailing up every other team.

One day I should call on channel 1 for "backup" to the backroom and see who actually comes lmao

I once did a carry out for a grill as a Cart Attendant and no one wanted to team lift and the ladies were in a hurry ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ the ladies did not want to help, they just opened up the hatch and told me to "slide it in"

I have no idea where my GSA was who could of just helped me, he must of been off somewhere. No idea, but I do know that I probably should never lift a grill by myself ever again :rolleyes:

Nope. Most other teams don't care about other teams. In my store everyone tries to shift blame to the flow team. Sftms barely backup and softlines doesn't help out anywhere else.

One day I should call on channel 1 for "backup" to the backroom and see who actually comes lmao

:rolleyes:

Cause I have a feeling if I said what I really want to say, I would get a ban.

And you know what encourages the "look out for yourself culture" your attititude. No wonder your store is a cluster.

Let us just say its been the last three weeks of spending the first three hours of every shift pushing the truck then spending another hour backstocking the truck then I can start my job. And does that helping the flow team get returned? Nope.. I get three hours to do my job and then get asked why its taking so long..

Saturday I never even got to my job cause they had one call out.. One.

I'm late to the party, but when I closed dairy in the evening back in the day, I'd often coordinate my nightly tasks around helping BR pull cafs in perishables. They only had to do dry grocery and SF. It doesn't sound like much but they really appreciated it, and knew I was happy to jump into SF cafs if it was pretty heavy. It's all about having good relationships with your fellow TMs.

The TM's at my store are incredibly team-oriented, and I've been in a case where the only person that was able to help with a teamlift was a girl in soft-lines and she came into our home-improvement area to help with a team lift. Meanwhile only 1 or 2 of out TL's would ever actually help with a teamlift. It's all about actually getting to know your team so they'll be willing to help you out instead of being "that guy" that never talks to anybody, or in JB's case, is an absolute stonebag.

When I was a cashier, I'd always volunteer to do carry outs or team lifts because it got me away from the checklanes and outside for a couple of minutes. But if it's furniture or a TV, I'm gonna ask for assistance because you know that soccer mom isn't going to do anything other than open the back of their vehicle and move like two things out of the way.

I always have been more naturally strong for a girl I guess. It's rare for me to have to call for help to move something. It always ends up being boxes that I just can't get my arms around for a solid grip.

There was this one time when one of the softlines girls came back to find someone in the BR and no one was there so she comes over to the SFS area and is like "I need a guy" I asked what for. "I need help moving heavy boxes." I told her to let me try and if I can't, then we can call for help. It was a few crib boxes... and the boxes were pretty easy to move from flat to pallet lmao. She just says, "wow I feel weak now." :p

As someone who has recently applied, it said "with assistance" also your job description says, "assist with heavy merchandise lifts." so it's your dam job to go and help with team lifts. You can be a smart-ass all you want, and try to not do your job. But don't come over here and shame people for following proper lift procedures.

They(OP) are part of the logistics team, lifting heavy objects is all they fucking do, so what are you going on about "its his job"?!? You are missing his point.

Also backroom does pretty much nothing. Backstocking and autofills are easy bro and if you aren't coming clean every single day, you're weak.

You have obviously never done back room before, longer than 1 day. Also at my store we pull, backstock, push, flex fullfilment, RTS, audit, and setup receiving for flow team for the next morning, among many other tasks. Also BRTM's are lifting heavy shit up ladders everyday, bro.

You have obviously never done back room before, longer than 1 day, or you are too retarded to understand how to do back room and whats involved. Also at my store we pull, backstock, push, flex fullfilment, RTS, audit, and setup receiving for flow team for the next morning, among many other tasks. Also BRTM's are lifting heavy shit up ladders everyday, bro.
OP is quick to troll so I'm pulling a reversal.

Also why is BR doing RTS, Audit, and Flex?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back