Archived Can you use your discount with food stamps?

Status
Not open for further replies.
10% off on WIC would be impossible to calculate because on WIC you are entitled to certain things... 1 gallon of milk, 2 lbs of fruit, 4 cans of powdered enfamil, etc.

Looks like you can use it with EBT. So I'm assuming it means Cash too.

Sometimes those food stamps is all you have. I remember when that lady denied me before and couldn't get any of the food I had I was angry. I definitely don't get paid enough at Target to pay for food!!! They better stop playing.

There was a period when the TM discount didn't work with food stamps. I seem to remember it happening around the time food stamps went from EBT food to SNAP.

I really saw no reason for them not to allow it. Target is getting paid, so what's the problem.

This is obscene.

If Target paid its employees enough that they didn't have to use government assistance this wouldn't be an issue.
I agree, this is why the government keeps raising min wage to stop money being taken from their pockets and taken from the rich CEOs, however it's STILL not enough :( I started at Target earning what I started with at my last cashiering job 5 years ago.

I have found out many of the Major Grocery stores in the area will NOT charge tax on the coupons.(Since a coupon is considered "Cash" and the customer is responsible for all taxes with a cash payment) I didn't like it, I use coupons to make the LINK/Snap money go further and EVERY penny saved counts. I remember when I used 5-8 dollars in coupons and I got charged about 25-30 cents and I asked why and the LOD at this store told me one can NOT use coupons with LINK/SNAP. I just left everything right there. As a former cashier if ANYONE used link w/coupons I would vibe them the change owed until I got coached for it.

I have found out many of the Major Grocery stores in the area will NOT charge tax on the coupons.(Since a coupon is considered "Cash" and the customer is responsible for all taxes with a cash payment) I didn't like it, I use coupons to make the LINK/Snap money go further and EVERY penny saved counts. I remember when I used 5-8 dollars in coupons and I got charged about 25-30 cents and I asked why and the LOD at this store told me one can NOT use coupons with LINK/SNAP. I just left everything right there. As a former cashier if ANYONE used link w/coupons I would vibe them the change owed until I got coached for it.
From illinois are we. But no never give money from the drawer without the register prompting to do so. You are lucky to only get coached, some stores will terminate for this.

From illinois are we. But no never give money from the drawer without the register prompting to do so. You are lucky to only get coached, some stores will terminate for this.
Tax on coupons is a state to state thing. I'm lucky to live near a state that doesn't tax.

At my store in NY, manufacturer's coupons don't cover tax but Target coups do. Also, most food is non-taxable here, so it wouldn't matter for most SNAP-eligible items.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back