Archived Cant believe no-one said anything about this on here yet...

Status
Not open for further replies.
But before I go into detail... Im just going to say Two words...

"Target Mobile"

wonder who knows about it yet. ;)

I heard by April. I have a few really close friends that work mobile. They're concerned, but also kind of relieved. They say the company is ****ty to work for.

I knew they wouldn't make any money from the moment I heard about them. And I was right, seeing as hardly any locations meet their goals. I like our mobile people too, but we won't lose too much as far as guest service is concerned, as geek squad is still there (whom I'm sure will roll out in most if not all targets early next year).

I knew they wouldn't make any money from the moment I heard about them. And I was right, seeing as hardly any locations meet their goals. I like our mobile people too, but we won't lose too much as far as guest service is concerned, as geek squad is still there (whom I'm sure will roll out in most if not all targets early next year).

Yeah, I agree. If Geek Squad does well in the test they'll roll it out company wide in most stores. Target Mobile does ok at my store but the issues they are having with staffing and sales at many other stores overshadows any locations with decent performance.

I have a friend who works target mobile in another state (my store doesn't have it). He told me that his boss told him radio shack is leaving if they don't get the prepaid phones as well.

I was told this was just a rumor.
Interesting how that works.

I was told this was just a rumor.
Interesting how that works.

Not a rumor.

As of the 2011 Annual Report (pdf), the Target (TGT) Mobile stores were touted as a growth opportunity for the business. However, RadioShack has since realized that the Target Mobile business is cash flow negative. Year-to-date the deal has cost RadioShack some $38.2 million - or nearly half of its year-to-date loss. As RadioShack stated in the last conference call, it has submitted a notice to end the relationship, if Target and RadioShack cannot restructure the agreement to create value for both companies:

"We've been in discussions with target to revise our agreement. While these discussions are still ongoing, the outcome is uncertain at this time. And as a result, we've executed a termination notice that will allow us to exit this business in April of next year.

We continue to believe that there are strategic benefits to both the target and RadioShack to continue our partnership. And we'd like to see this relationship continue under our new structure and agreement that will drive shareholder value for both companies." (Conference Call, 10/23/2012)

From this report.

It honestly sounded like Target got the sweet end of the deal when they partnered with Radioshack. I'm not surprised by this. At this point they might as well let Radioshack have dibs on all phones and their accessories. It'll help increase their revenues and margins and help out guests in the long run since there will be actual trained associates who can answer all their stupid nagging questions. Plus it's more stress on them to push the attachments and no longer becomes our concern. woooooo~

Not sure how I feel about this. On one hand, our Target Mobile chicks are pretty cute. One of them also works pretty hard towards our red card goal and even helps drives attachments. During really busy times, she'll pitches in and helps out our under staffed electronics team.

But what is this about Target geek squad? That sounds like my cup of tea...

Our target mobile people have been great. They're always helping guests out with electronics, toys, MMB, printer supplies, batteries....and sometimes they'll answer phone calls when TMs are busy.

I don't know about other stores, but our team mobile people have gotten team member numbers so that they can use the registers and use the numbers for the TM discount, too.

One of our Target mobile people does really good at guest service and driving attachments.
The other one couldn't find her ass with two hands and a map.
And they just hired a new girl. Which makes no sense, given this news.

Anyway, I'll miss the first one and rejoice at not having to handle anymore 'do you have x phone' calls.

My experience with Target Mobile has not been great. Some stole, others were careless and left phones unattended and were upset when we didn't apprehend the thieves. One got into a yelling match with a guest (multiple times) until she was transfered by their supervisor. We had 2 that were break dancing on the salesfloor and angered some guests over it. Some do occasionally help guests, but most of the time I just see them leaning on their work area as they complain to Elec TMs about not meeting their goals. Can't say I'll miss them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back