Archived Can't find/don't have items for price change.

Status
Not open for further replies.

FinallyFamous

DazedNconfuzed
Try to keep it simple but in price change it is asking to markdown items we do not have and it isn't just one or two things it is a lot of stuff almost 60-100 items we haven't had since god knows when. And it's starting to happen in several areas. They have been telling us to just activate what can't find but
.....that's a lot of stuff. Anyone know why it could be telling us we have these excess items to mark? It even has negative on hands and 0 on hands in the price change as well.

If you have a lot of negatives, I'd start to let AP know so they can look into operational shortage; stuff's saying it's being shipped to your store and not actually getting there.
Check your salvage pallets and make sure no one's just throwing things in there; happens more than you'd think.

Our SL and Electronics departments have had TONS of missing items lately, and frankly it's nearly all theft. Now that it's slow, and we don't have much staff, the repeat offenders are coming in sometimes daily. Entire cart pushouts. Luggage and bags stuffed full of swim wear they walk out the doors, etc. Crazy amounts.

The zeros are just because the system isn't smart enough to remove the item from the price change app once you're out of stock if that item is still tied to a POG. They don't count against you.

This happens all the time. It used to be a few items in each dept each day. Lately it's been anywhere from 20-80 dpcis. But we just don't have the stuff. Either the on hands are just so off, they were stolen, sitting somewhere on a shelf unlocated in the backroom or we just never had it to begin with. Sometimes they'll show up in a backroom pull a couple weeks or months later. Just activate it and move on.

The zeros are just because the system isn't smart enough to remove the item from the price change app once you're out of stock if that item is still tied to a POG. They don't count against you.
I was always told that was so that, if the count was wrong, whatever is on the shelf would still get marked down. We process whatever 0 on hands we reasonably can, and I'd say like 1/4 of the time we actually do find some on the shelf. However, if we're behind, we just mash A-Activate.

Try to keep it simple but in price change it is asking to markdown items we do not have and it isn't just one or two things it is a lot of stuff almost 60-100 items we haven't had since god knows when. And it's starting to happen in several areas. They have been telling us to just activate what can't find but
.....that's a lot of stuff. Anyone know why it could be telling us we have these excess items to mark? It even has negative on hands and 0 on hands in the price change as well.
It has always showed zero and negative on hands. Negative on hands leave the system to believe someone changed the count and we’re still selling them, therefore there are some needing ticketed. After I go thru all racks, or home locations and clearance endcaps, I just activate those.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back