Archived Cart Attendant Cuts

Status
Not open for further replies.
We havent had cart attendant shifts in like 2 years...GSA/GSTL has to grab them or they ask salesfloor

I'm the only cart attendant at my store, but when I'm working in the café, hardlines, or cashiering I'm the first they ask to round up carts... I'm more than happy to do so.

At our store our cart attendant hours got cut as well - they only close now. Any cart attendants scheduled during the day are scheduled as cashiers, but are expected to be both cashier and cart attendant.
i think you are right, i went to my store this evening and noticed that all the cashier are CA who works during the day .

i also noticed that i was scheduled for backroom next Monday on a truck day,even though i work on the line every-time and never been trained for the backroom

Target wants people to do their grocery shopping there & is too stupid ..... too greedy..... to follow the lead of successful grocery stores who make SURE their parking lots aren't full of carts that crash into parked cars or take up valuable parking space. And they make SURE customers have shopping carts available so they don't have to limit themselves to a few things they can carry.

Nothing says class like a parking lot full of abandoned carts & nowhere to park because the carts are blocking the spots!

Drive a truck with a real steel front bumper, you don't really care about a plastic cart in your parking space.

My store only has a CA a few times a week anyways ( usually on the weekends). We have what we call cart parties...where everyone ( well mostly everyone) goes out and bring in carts. I get cutting hours but to totally cut a work center all together is just nuts. Those team members should be offered to work in another work center IMO.

We still schedule cart attendants, but they are expected to do quite a lot of tasks. In addition to the normal cart tasks of filling the cart wells, checking restrooms and cleaning spills. They also fill bags at the checklanes, work reshop, work pulls, chip in with the zone, package defectives at the end of the night and handle any cardboard for the baler or trash for the compactor.

Wow, our CAs have it good I guess (compared to what's happening at other stores). They have to get carts, check restrooms, clean spills (only at front end, other TMs get ones on the floor), get stray, hangers, baskets from the checklanes, and stock the checklanes. They never touch reshop, pulls, or defectives. They probably wouldn't get anything done if they had to do those too.

My night ca is scheduled as a cashier. But, they do the ca thing till 9:30pm, then become the 1 cashier left at front lanes.

We still schedule cart attendants, but they are expected to do quite a lot of tasks. In addition to the normal cart tasks of filling the cart wells, checking restrooms and cleaning spills. They also fill bags at the checklanes, work reshop, work pulls, chip in with the zone, package defectives at the end of the night and handle any cardboard for the baler or trash for the compactor.

I couldn't imagine having to do all that. Today was so busy for us that I was having way more trouble than usual actually getting carts into the store before they were snatched up.

When I was a GSTL, we only got CA hours mainly during 4th quarter (boy, was it a luxury!). It was always the initiative (in a very cold climate) that unless there was a documented medical reason why they could not, that I rotated the responsibility among my entire front end. I had a rule, 14 and done. Two loads of 7 carts, and they were done for the day. My LOD's would have had a FIT if I left the lanes unattended during any peak hours. As a leader, rather than a manager, I was the one rallying the team at the end of the night carts in hand from the lot. It REALLY isn't such a bad thing to do 1-2 trips, and it shouldn't come down on the backs of a few people. (That is, unless I had a person that loved doing it...which would happen every once in a while).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back