Archived Cart Attendant same as Brand Attendant?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrMrIce

Cart Attendant
So I'm a cart attendant and me and my fellow cart attendants feel like we are being treated as brand attendants. I was wondering if they are different positions with different pay or are they the same?

What we do is get carts, clean restrooms, go on safety walks(walk around the store after every restroom check to pickup trash, merchandise off the floor, and help guests if they need help), we help with carry outs, sweep the front of store(inside, and out), take out the trash from the front of the store, respond to spills. Sometimes some LODs even call us Brand Attendant over the walkie too.

We feel like were doing too much and sometimes we can get bombarded with calls for spills, carry outs, etc while low on carts and it just makes our job harder.

Just wondering if this is normal cart attendant duties.

Yep that's a normal cart attendant workload, I started as a CA 10 years ago and those were normal jobs even back then. At my store we also had to fill the medium bags / thermal tape, and the 20 oz drink coolers (250+ bottles) every night as well.

Cart Attendants at my super don't sweep, don't do the safety walks in the manner you describe. I guess we have it easy...

Sounds like what CAs do at my store, but, no sweeping and the no safety walks... the closest thing to a safety walk that they do is walk around all of the kiosks and make sure that there are bags, zip ties, paper towels, and Xsorb in them.

So I'm a cart attendant and me and my fellow cart attendants feel like we are being treated as brand attendants. I was wondering if they are different positions with different pay or are they the same?

What we do is get carts, clean restrooms, go on safety walks(walk around the store after every restroom check to pickup trash, merchandise off the floor, and help guests if they need help), we help with carry outs, sweep the front of store(inside, and out), take out the trash from the front of the store, respond to spills. Sometimes some LODs even call us Brand Attendant over the walkie too.

We feel like were doing too much and sometimes we can get bombarded with calls for spills, carry outs, etc while low on carts and it just makes our job harder.

Just wondering if this is normal cart attendant duties.
I felt the same way at my old Super. We would have one CA on shift, and be called to the other end for a carryout, spill, or the can recycler. When there would be a TMs just walking by the spill yelling, "CA this spill needs to be cleaned up 5 minutes ago," or the salesfloor TM walks up with a flat to a register and leaves yells over the walkie for a carryout on Lane 12.

Then at my regular stores, CAs were in charge of the family and men's restroom (SD or cashier girls had womens), bagging the lanes, hanger boxes, pushing the defects back, and carts.

At my store a female cashier or a gsa/gstl looks at the women's restroom. "Safety Walks" by CA's at my store do the exact same thing that FrontEndKnowItAll has said.

On subject, anyone had a cart shift so slow, that you were able to get done with everything assigned to you at your particular store, yet... were so bored that you jumped on a checklane?

I'm talking... as if the lot is deader then Elvis, ect... you all know the drill. :p

cart attendants should really only prioritize spills on the front end, or if they are potentially hazardous (since we do haz mat training)... otherwise sales floor should really clean them up if they are able.

On subject, anyone had a cart shift so slow, that you were able to get done with everything assigned to you at your particular store, yet... were so bored that you jumped on a checklane?

I'm talking... as if the lot is deader then Elvis, ect... you all know the drill. :p
Happens sometimes actually.

I hate when I get called for a spill on the other side of the store while I'm on the parking lot getting carts and when I get to the spill, its the size of a disc.

Happens sometimes actually.

I hate when I get called for a spill on the other side of the store while I'm on the parking lot getting carts and when I get to the spill, its the size of a disc.
Just communicate that you are out doing carts in the lot. Being on sf, hearing that, we took care of it for you.

Yup...At my lowest volume store, I would be scheduled to open as CA at times. And the guest traffic would be so light that I wouldn't make my first run for carts until about noon. I would scan the race trek about every hour, help with breaks, restroom checks and cashier.

Then were times it took heavy weather to keep guest traffic low, and I could get everything done.

Just communicate that you are out doing carts in the lot. Being on sf, hearing that, we took care of it for you.
At my Super, even when I did communicate that I was outside doing a run of carts, no TMs would be gracious enough to help clean a spill or help with a carryout. TMs would just push a cart on top of spill and keep repeating "CA, you have spill to clean up in Grocery." And salesfloor and backroom would line carts at the backroom doors, even though it would take them just a minute to walk their cart up front. And then they wouldn't help push the line up to the front.

That was probably one of the laziest stores I worked.

Yup...At my lowest volume store, I would be scheduled to open as CA at times. And the guest traffic would be so light that I wouldn't make my first run for carts until about noon. I would scan the race trek about every hour, help with breaks, restroom checks and cashier. Then were times it took heavy weather to keep guest traffic low, and I could get everything done.
At my Super, even when I did communicate that I was outside doing a run of carts, no TMs would be gracious enough to help clean a spill or help with a carryout. TMs would just push a cart on top of spill and keep repeating "CA, you have spill to clean up in Grocery." And salesfloor and backroom would line carts at the backroom doors, even though it would take them just a minute to walk their cart up front. And then they wouldn't help push the line up to the front.
That was probably one of the laziest stores I worked.

My team has your back, bull! We do all that stuff! Including get carts outside during a snowstorm.

At my store the CA only takes care of the carts and carry outs, and during dowtime is cashiering and doing See Spot Save. Brand attendent take care of spills, trash, restroom sweeps, spills stations and other fun tasks, there always on the floor. To me it seems pointless to have two different postions that almost do same things, why not just give cart attendent more hours. But I get what they are trying to go for. I think the paygrade for a brand attedent up in the front lanes is higher then a CA too.

At my store the CA only takes care of the carts and carry outs, and during dowtime is cashiering and doing See Spot Save. Brand attendent take care of spills, trash, restroom sweeps, spills stations and other fun tasks, there always on the floor. To me it seems pointless to have two different postions that almost do same things, why not just give cart attendent more hours. But I get what they are trying to go for. I think the paygrade for a brand attedent up in the front lanes is higher then a CA too.

Is your store super high volume? We only have cart attendants.

I can't imagine why a store would need brand attendants unless it was extremely high volume. My store is a high volume P-Fresh and if we have a busy day, we just overlap the cart attendants' shifts or schedule extra cart attendants as cashiers.

Yeah my store is pretty high volume as well. We just overlap cart attendants fri-sun (11-7 mid shift), otherwise do all those things ourselves lol.

When I worked at Target I did carts, restrooms, carry outs, back up cashiering, refill spill stations and cover breaks and lunches in the food court.

We have both cart and brand attendants. We are an AA high risk store. I believe high risk stores get brand attendants. Ours dress in charcoal uniforms almost like our SFT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back