Archived Cashier admits to stealing to pay for rent

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd be lying if I said I never thought about stealing money from a register. Its not even the ethical dilemma that stops me, its just plain idiotic to steal from someone who has 5 cameras pointing at you from different angles, much less the same entity that pays the rest of your bills.

Rent is free in jail...unfortunately

Well then you get jails that we pay for that are contractors.
Run by companies with boards of directors that have to make a profit, just like Spot.
Anyone wonder why we have more people in prison than any first world country?
It's not that we are a lawless wasteland, actually crime has been going down steadily since the 90s with a few bumps.
No, whats happened is the justice system has become dependent on making money.
In Ferguson the city made 20% of its income on extreme fines on it's poorest members.
In Pennsylvania there was a judge who ruined thousands of lives sending juveniles to jail on fake charges and getting kickbacks from the jail.
http://nypost.com/2014/02/23/film-details-teens-struggles-in-state-detention-in-payoff-scandal/

This is a major problem and this lady is a small part of it.
There might of been a time when she might have been put on house arrest, had to work cleaning up trash and been made to pay back the stolen money.
Win, win.
But now, she will be housed at our expense in a jail where some people will make money off her.

Last edited:
Commie, I saw that documentary on Netflix.. So sad, so many young lives ruined in order for some big wigs to get some extra money in their pockets. Shame on them. Shame on anyone who would ever consider something so horrible. The judge's denial was worse than the kids false convictions. No morals, no scruples..AND he was put in office by trusting people, term after term. He deserved much more then he got in the end.

Can't afford rent, but she can afford dermal implants.

Depends on where you live and what the jewelry cost but that's about $100 for both.
Could have been a present or been done in better times.

The whole, look that guy has a tattoo that must have cost $300 dollars, why can't he pay the rent annoys the hell out of me.
People do realize that tattoo could have been done when the guy worked on the slope and was making good money, than the company went bankrupt and didn't bother to pay him the last three paychecks?

Sorry, hot button.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back