Archived Cashing in vacation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone tell if it is at all possible to still cash in vacation? I have about 120 hours now. I am using 40 in 3 weeks. How can I cash in about 40 more? Thanks!

With the max system, you are not able too. It's average hours thing.
In the old days, sure!

Last edited:
Can anyone tell if it is at all possible to still cash in vacation? I have about 120 hours now. I am using 40 in 3 weeks. How can I cash in about 40 more? Thanks!
Anytime you work less that 40 hours, take some vacation pay. Like last week I only worked 30 hours so I asked for 10 vacation hours so I would get paid fo 40. All you have to do is fill out the form on max self service
where it says "use my vacation" I get 3 weeks ov vacation a year but I only take one week off. I save the other 80 hours for when my hours get cut and I'm low on money.

Anytime you work less that 40 hours, take some vacation pay. Like last week I only worked 30 hours so I asked for 10 vacation hours so I would get paid fo 40. All you have to do is fill out the form on max self service
where it says "use my vacation" I get 3 weeks ov vacation a year but I only take one week off. I save the other 80 hours for when my hours get cut and I'm low on money.

It does help keep the average up from January to March.

It can be done. Maybe unethically. But it is possible. My HR team member told me that if you request vacation for an upcoming week and it is approved, you will end up getting paid that vacation.

For example, let's say I put in 15 hours of vaction for next week today. The person who approves my requests may not notice which week it is for. Then if i work 40 hours, I will get paid for 55 hours that week.

Can anyone verify if this is true?

i thought the system automatically adjust up to avg hours now.

you can go into max self service and just have it keyed in for any week you didn't hit your average hours. you can go up to 6 wks back and it will still appear on your next check. use your personal hours first if you have them though. they don't get paid out if you decide to leave.

We used to be allowed to cash out our vacation accounts, but that hasn't been since 2007. Now you are allowed a maximum of 2 years worth in your vacation and PH accounts.
i thought the system automatically adjust up to avg hours now.

you can go into max self service and just have it keyed in for any week you didn't hit your average hours. you can go up to 6 wks back and it will still appear on your next check. use your personal hours first if you have them though. they don't get paid out if you decide to leave.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back