Archived Chance of changing workcenters officially

Status
Not open for further replies.

PullMonkey

Ex-Backroom Badass
I'm in the system as a cashier, but lately I've been getting a ton of hours in Truck and Backroom.

I know normally once you start hitting 50% or more of your hours in a particular work center, that becomes your main. But, I still have an active CA that prevents a workcenter change.

Is it possible that's why I'm getting all these hours? Or should I ask about changing once the probation ends?

They may be testing you in different areas of the stores to see how you perform. I know people who had a CA because they hated their workcenter.. once they got off, transferred and became top performers. They might be setting you up to transfer workcenters after your probation if you perform well in those areas. Until then, enjoy your time off the front end and hush!

Believe me, I'm not complaining. My performance is definitely a lot better back here, so I wouldn't be surprised if that were the case.

I'll just sit back and enjoy it :D

So I'm currently PG3, and a workcenter change would bump me up to PG7, correct? Since I'll have three weeks so far of all truck/backroom, if/when the change does occur, do I get the backpay? :D

So I'm currently PG3, and a workcenter change would bump me up to PG7, correct? Since I'll have three weeks so far of all truck/backroom, if/when the change does occur, do I get the backpay? :D
If they officially code you in the system to a higher paygrade work center, you get the pay raise.

just dont become too good at the front end haha. im on a certain team, and other team leads want me to switch to their teams but management wont let me because im too essential to my team.

just dont become too good at the front end haha. im on a certain team, and other team leads want me to switch to their teams but management wont let me because im too essential to my team.

That works both ways. Some people think "he can't even excel at his job here, why would we push him off on another team?"

That works both ways. Some people think "he can't even excel at his job here, why would we push him off on another team?"
See, that's what I keep thinking will happen for me. My front end performance isn't the greatest, and I do much better with with truck and backroom.

See, that's what I keep thinking will happen for me. My front end performance isn't the greatest, and I do much better with with truck and backroom.

You just have to judge how your management thinks. I was CA for 1.5 years. Started getting Hardlines shifts and did really well, then snuck in some softlines shifts because I stayed late a couple times to help fold. My management said no to promoting me when my PATL asked for me (I had open availability and am a quick learner.. you don't want to train a newbie in pricing or pog really)

Their reasoning was basically I was too good at my job and it would be devastating to lose me. I had the same problem before trying to switch to HL/SL "full time" because my STL disliked my attitude. You could tell I clearly wanted to switch and was equally as good, if not better, at other positions and just hated being on the front end.

My management clearly took it as "he's really good where he's at, we're not gonna switch him" and not "Wow he's excelling elsewhere, let's see what he can really do!"

Now I'm leading the pricing team while my PPTL worries about POG. I'm basically the PATL without the pay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back