Change shortage

You won't get much saving just pennies, but throw silver in there and it can really add up.

Every now and then I grab a handful of change from our tupperware tub...of change....in the kitchen....and get my old ass a nice tall cup of convenience store coffee (with light cream). Very nice, indeed. Big Spender.

Panera used to be great when they brewed different coffees by name/origin - when they switched to just "light roast", "dark roast" and decaf, their quality fell off.

I don't like McDonald's either. I like a nice dark roast. Starbucks is even hit or miss, but their dark roast of the day is usually pretty good if it's freshly brewed.

Last edited:
I used to grind my own beans back in the day, but I've gotten lazy. It's pods for me now, lol.

SCO no cash transactions, no cash back.
But guests are intentionally ignoring the signs. It seems like we get more cash transactions at SCO than we do at regular registers. For awhile, I'd go up and gently remind a guest about observing the sign on their future visits, but I've given up as have others in our store.

But guests are intentionally ignoring the signs. It seems like we get more cash transactions at SCO than we do at regular registers. For awhile, I'd go up and gently remind a guest about observing the sign on their future visits, but I've given up as have others in our store.
There's no way to disable accepting cash?

We have never denied any legal tender at any POS in my store. I guess the benefit of work in the shady part of town is everyone is getting paid under the table so cash has never been a problem for us? It helps that their kids will come in to buy stuff with loose coins lol.

I’m living for my Panera coffee subscription. Less than $10/month for unlimited hot/iced coffee? Yes, please! (And no other purchase necessary 😁)

My DD had some how managed to stretch her Free subscription from July all the way to October 31st. She actually would like to continue her subscription after all the free joe runs out but her Panera doesn't open until 7 am, about an hour too late for her.

My DD had some how managed to stretch her Free subscription from July all the way to October 31st. She actually would like to continue her subscription after all the free joe runs out but her Panera doesn't open until 7 am, about an hour too late for her.
I want to say I’ve only paid once and I signed up in June lol. Sooo the best money over ever spent! And thankfully I start work at 7 and my panera greets me by my first name at 6:30 every morning at curbside 😁

@Captain Orca I like their hazelnut if I’m getting hot coffee and I don’t bother adding anything to it. I enjoy a solid coffee but if it’s too dark/bitter I’ll wager heartburn and ain’t nobody got time for that! If I get the iced coffee I’ll have them add a light caramel drizzle on top, the syrup is too sweet. Took me a few tries ordering to learn the difference between their add ins and toppings and what I like more! But for under $3 a cup you can try one any day and not feel bad.

Wouldn't it make more sense to keep change in the SCOs and just round up at the drawers? Or are you too low on coin for that?

Back