Archived Changing availability for MyTime

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have been ordered to update, and I was planning on making a change anyway for homelife purposes.

I doubt I will get scheduled much when we rollout MyTime and then $$ based hours. It just is the way it is going to be.

I only want to work 15-20 hours, but my availability right now is set for 25. I also need another day off during the week - am I correct in assuming I would be better off to take a day that I have a limited availability off totally than another one?

I'd like to take Friday due to things my kids have going on - and that would give me Thursday/Friday off. Wait, i'm only available on Friday until.... 6 I think. So maybe that will work. It would leave me with Saturday, Sunday, Monday, Wednesday as open, Tuesday until 5, and i'm currently unavailable on Thursdays. I would be changing Wednesday from 6pm to open, reducing to 20 hours, and going absent on Friday.

Of course, next week they only scheduled me for Sunday, Tuesday and Friday.

UGH. Really, I just want to be done with the place.... but can't be yet.

I ended up adjusting the times - shortened tuesday by 30 minutes, and lengthened wednesday until close, and lowered my total available hours.

And went unavailable on Friday's.

My kids cheered. That is what my life has become... my kids cheering when i'm going to be here to nag them. :(

How do you know if they implemented myTime instead of MaxTime? Do they tell you?

I think my store is transitioning, in that no one can request a day off more than three weeks out. But they still don't let you know what your schedule is until eight days out. MaxTime let me put in a day-off request saying I was doing it on time, but the rejected it saying I didn't do it in time. Does it know your schedule in advance but refuses to tell you? Is it capricious? Is it whimsically contadictory? Is it powered by a random number generator?

When stores are stuck b/t implementations, how long does that generally last? The myTime "feature" is supposed to give you a further-out (three-week) view of your schedule, yes? Does it ever really do that, or does it only give TPTB an extra week to deny you time off?

How do you know if they implemented myTime instead of MaxTime? Do they tell you?

I think my store is transitioning, in that no one can request a day off more than three weeks out. But they still don't let you know what your schedule is until eight days out. MaxTime let me put in a day-off request saying I was doing it on time, but the rejected it saying I didn't do it in time. Does it know your schedule in advance but refuses to tell you? Is it capricious? Is it whimsically contadictory? Is it powered by a random number generator?

When stores are stuck b/t implementations, how long does that generally last? The myTime "feature" is supposed to give you a further-out (three-week) view of your schedule, yes? Does it ever really do that, or does it only give TPTB an extra week to deny you time off?

Oh they'll announce the transition 34123847019284562345 times the week before at huddle.

In regards to your first paragraph question... You could submit a request, but if it's for a week where the schedule is currently being generated (even if it's not posted yet) it'll bounce the request because it's just too late to submit one. With MyTime Self Service, it will tell you right away that a schedule is already being generated, and won't even let you submit it. I think that answers it?

Second paragraph question.... We went through the MyTime transition a few weeks ago and everything is still the same when it comes to time frames and whatnot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back