Archived Changing roles

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm currently an electronics team leader, a position that is being phased out at my current store. I have two different options at this point, either logistics team lead or hardlines team lead. My question is, which position in your opinion is the best role for recognition and promotion?

I have no preference between the two, I have always been Salesfloor orientated but I do have extensive experience in the backroom/in stocks.

logisitcs is really tough one of or the hardest in the store. but if you are really confident it can be great.. in my sore its a killer and people either get canned or quit

This will depend on how your store views logistics. I believe, and many ETLs with Log experience would agree, that the TL-Log position is an excellent stepping stone for promotion. Logistics is very important and relies on good leaders to maintain a green process. If you are an O/N store it's harder to be visible because you aren't seen by other ETLs. You have to go out of your way to be seen. But with the right Log, an O/N TL can be promoted quickly.

I believe you'll have equal opportunity for recognition and promotion with both if the process is early morning. It really depends on what you want to do - serve guests or replenish the sales floor. At my store, sales floor TLs got the promotion nod over my Logistics team because the ETL team had zero logistics experience and we were O/N so they never saw them working. If your store values the logistics process, go for that. It's a challenge and can be rewarding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back